+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Funky HR Operation Playlist  (Read 2011 times)

hipnhop

Funky HR Operation Playlist
« on: March 14, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »
Ok - let's get it Funky in here. I am going in to surgery in a few days and want to wear an I-Pod during and after surgery. I'm getting an epidural so I dint know If I will be able to hear anything but I do want the surgical team to hear a smidgen of some "let's get this man hooked up right and moving well" music.

I love all types of music -new school/old school - doesn't matter. I want to be inspired. So please no "It's The End of the World as We Know it" titles.

On top of my list:
1. Get Up (I Feel Like Being  A Sex Machine) - The Great James Brown
What do you recommend?
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

bdoughty

Re: Funky HR Operation Playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »
Hipnhop,
No actual title suggestions, just some thoughts. First, even if your out of it under general anesthesia, your subconscious is still functioning and the music can have a positive impact. My doctor/surgical team RECOMMENDED doing it. Second, I can understand your desire to go "funky" and love your 1st selection. My own choice was more mellow, relaxing. I was pretty anxious in the few weeks leading into surgery, so I though it appropos. Started with an "unplugged" album produced annually by a local station, mixed in a fair amount of Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffet and others. There were some upbeat tunes, but didn't really rock it.

My $0.02 worth. Enjoy the planning!

Bill

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »
My Prerogative, Bobby Brown... Not Brittany... please.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

23109VC

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:32:29 AM »
What do you listen to?

One suggestion is to find out if they will allow you to wear headphones, and if so what kind? Can you wear earbuds?  Heck, why not get some Bose ones that cancel out sound....you won't be able to hear the drill.......  :)

Seriously, you won't hearor remember anything !  I vaguely remember being told to lean forward for my spinal and that's it....lights out.  I don't remember the spinal...never saw the needle, I don't remember seeing anything in the operating room even though I know that is where they took me...modern medicine is great...

Sure beats the old days of biting on a stick and drinking a bunch of whisky!
Sean
Dr. Gross- Left Hip - 2/23/11, Right Hip 7/19/23

Tin Soldier

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:52:58 AM »
I took the spinal option and as soon as Versed hit, I went down, so I would have just burned up the batteries in the mp3 player.  Maybe the anesthesiologist would have turned it off, maybe. 

I did listen to Natalie McMaster (Cape Breton Fiddle) and the Dropkick Murphies a ton for the two weeks prior to surgery and that stuff was going through my head when I was waiting in the pre-op. 

With regards to anxiety, I do think music is great for relaxing, or maybe motivating as if you're preparing for a physical workout, like the middle of the movie Rocky.  However, with the sedatives they give you, I didn't feel like doing much but sing see chanties. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

moe

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »
When they take the power tools and cup hammer out, it'll be "Bad to the Bone!"

;)

moe
Bi-lateral, BHR, Dr Marchand. 7-13-09

hipnhop

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »
I asked the O/R nurse, "Would it be a problem if I listen to my I-Pod during surgery?" She replied, "I don't know if you'll be able to hear it because we'll be blasting "Gangsta Rap."

She was right!
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM