+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Is electricity being conducted through the metals in your hip?  (Read 1993 times)

Juliana1

I had a very successful BHR about 6 years ago which improved my mobility and quality of life no end after many years of pain and stiffness from childhood with 'Perthes.' But during the last year I have been suffering acutely from electrosensitivity - I have an 'allergic' reaction to electromagnetic fields produced by microwave technology (especially wifi), radiofrequencies and electric and magnetic field sources (eg satellite TV, washing machines). I believe that the metals in my hip are conducting electricity in a different way from the rest of my system with the result that I suffer all sorts of neurological symptoms such as tingling in fingers and toes, heart palpitations, nausea, tinnitus and visual disturbances, sleeplessness, stomach and skin problems. Has anyone else with a Birmingham hip experienced anything similar? The symptoms get worse the closer I am to the source eg a wi-fi hub, TV or computer screen so that I feel I am a 'walking aerial'. My understanding is that the hip metals absorb the microwaves and re-emit them at a different wavelength resulting in various symptoms. In the case of wi-fi the ICNIRP recommend that people with implants consult the manufacturers for any possible effect on their implant. I have tried doing this with Smith & Nephew but have yet to receive a reply.

Lopsided

Re: Is electricity being conducted through the metals in your hip?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
I do not think that your condition is related to your hips. The implants are made from an alloy that does not include iron, so there is no magnetic field generated. If the device was to be conducting electricity, then it would corrode, and this only happens if the device is in contact with another alloy of dissimilar constituency. The alloy does not 're-emit' microwaves, any microwaves absorbed are converted to heat.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

strost

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Our 100 trillion cells communicate via subtle, low-frequency electromagnetic signals as well as biochemical reactions. These signal pathways carry the info that gets translated into all the biochem and physiological processes of the body. Unfortunately, there are so many "un-natural frequencies in today's high tech world that are interfering and disrupting the cellular communication pathways and ultimately cellular metabolism. I was researching for a presentation on this topic recently and came across the statistics that 3-8% of the population has a severe sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation and 35% have a mild sensitivity. One of the big problems is not just the radiation which is over 100 times what our grandparents experienced, it is the information carrying radiowaves that carry the voice, text, data and graphics. These are very synchronous waves that travel in the hertz frequency and can be recognized by our cells as a toxin (they are used the irregular frequencies that exist in nature). The cell membrane hardens to keep the toxin out and in the process nutrients can't get in and toxins can't get out. It sets out a breakdown of the cellular function at many levels. EMR's have been linked to numerous diseases and impact the body at a hormonal, cellular, DNA and blood brain barrier levels. About 10 countries have issued advisories against children and pregnant women using cell phones period. I've been pulling info together on this topic for a few years as well as was on a TV show a few years ago. Info, articles, tips, links, research, etc

As for the question if the metal in your body is contributing to your sensitivity, I'm not sure and am searching for that answer myself (considering a resurfacing this summer and this is one thing holding me back). I've read things about having metal in your mouth - like braces/filings along with your saliva can create a circuit.  However, I'm not sure about something implanted deep within your body. However, if you think about it, you can use your cell phone with no problem in the basement of a high rise building. EMRs can travel through concrete and metal. I'm also curious how these metal implants impact the energy flow of the meridians throughout the body.

I do know of some patented technologies that can help and support your body and your cellular communications. With so many people experiencing sensitivity, you might want to look at that route first - after all what true options do you have if it is part of the problem. Beyond the technologies, supporting your cells with good nutrition and detoxifying your body is also critical.

I personally experienced some sensitivity and noticed my memory was failing me. I then realized I was on a cordless phone 8-10 hours a day, a cell phone 2000 minutes a month, in front of a computer 8-10 hours a day, sitting next to a wifi router, sleeping next to a cordless phone (worse than cell phones) and an alarm clock. Once I addressed some of these issues with some changes and technologies, I felt a detox in my body and my memory came back.

I'm very curious about what others are experiencing. It would be an interesting study to see if people with metal implants have sensitivities at a higher rate than the general population.

Email me and I'll fill you in on the technologies that have helped me.
Susan

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:16:49 PM by Pat Walter »

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:34:43 AM »
Interesting topic. One day I said to my wife that when I put my cell phone in my right front pocket (bhr side) after awhile I would get kind of a dull ache, and I wondered that same thing, if the phone could be causing it somehow... I thought about it quite a bit actually and came to the conclusion that I must be being paranoid and the extra pressure from the phone pressing in one spot on my thigh must be causing it....  wich makes absolutely zero sense. Interesting theory, let us know if you find anything on this. I finally said to myself, "Self, you're losing it", "put the phone in your left pocket and forget about it"  8)

strost

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 01:48:12 AM »
Better yet don't put the phone on your body at all. Dig out your user's manual on the phone and you will see that they recommend almost 1 inch distance from the body at all times. There are numerous reports of fertility problems for men that carry the phones in their pockets and belts. Don't take the chance or at least turn off the phone when it is in your pocket. Not sure why we think we much be in touch at all times.

Would you mind doing a little experiment and when you are sitting around set the phone on your hip - but not in your pocket (so you don't have the added pressure)? It is interesting that you are not experiencing the same symptoms when it is in your non-operated on hip. When you don't have the phone in your right pocket, do you ever have that dull ache?

While I doubt there are any formal studies on this particular topic, I do have some contacts who know even more of the science of the patented technology I mentioned. I'm going to send off an email to see what they can find out from all their resources too.

Let me know more.
Susan

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 01:46:10 AM »
Better yet don't put the phone on your body at all. Dig out your user's manual on the phone and you will see that they recommend almost 1 inch distance from the body at all times. There are numerous reports of fertility problems for men that carry the phones in their pockets and belts. Don't take the chance or at least turn off the phone when it is in your pocket. Not sure why we think we much be in touch at all times.

Would you mind doing a little experiment and when you are sitting around set the phone on your hip - but not in your pocket (so you don't have the added pressure)? It is interesting that you are not experiencing the same symptoms when it is in your non-operated on hip. When you don't have the phone in your right pocket, do you ever have that dull ache?

While I doubt there are any formal studies on this particular topic, I do have some contacts who know even more of the science of the patented technology I mentioned. I'm going to send off an email to see what they can find out from all their resources too.

Let me know more.
Susan

I'll experiment a little the rest of the week. I got in the habit of carrying it in my left pocket and really hadn't thought about it until I saw your post, wich sparked my interest cause I figured I had to be the only one that ever even thought about it, haha, guess not.  maybe I haven't totally lost it yet... 8)

chris finn

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »
Well...firstly I dont know about fertility problems. I carry my phone in my front pocket, and have done for years. 14 years ago I had a vasectomy.....and 2 years ago my wife discovered she was pregnant. We now have a gorgeous little daughter (our 4th child  :o )

Im an electrician by the way. Electrical fields of varying strengths are all around us. One of my college lecturers was of the opinion that some electrical fields can adversely affect some people under certain conditions.....so you never know.
BIRMINGHAM RESURFACE, LEFT HIP, 9TH DEC 2010,BY MR A. NORRISH...CONSULTANT-SURGEON, ADDENBROOKE`S HOSPITAL...CAMBRIDGE UK

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »

Let me know more.
Susan

I'll experiment a little the rest of the week. I got in the habit of carrying it in my left pocket and really hadn't thought about it until I saw your post, wich sparked my interest cause I figured I had to be the only one that ever even thought about it, haha, guess not.  maybe I haven't totally lost it yet... 8)

OK I have been experimenting with it a little. For me if I have something in my front pocket that puts pressure on the thigh muscle, after awhile it starts to bother me,  it doesn't do it on the non-operated side though. But I don't feel a difference between a phone, a camera, or the dog leash or a big set of keys, anything that puts pressure on my thigh on the operated side for awhile resullts in .. I don't want to say pain, its more like slight numbing and a dull ache. I don't know why cause its no where near the incision, I can't explain it but there doesn't seem to be any noticable difference between an electronic device vs just some object, at least for me anyway. Sorry,  :D  (If there is I couldn't tell)  Good luck and post any new info you come across, it is an interesting topic. 8)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear