+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hippy Dogs  (Read 2003 times)

hipnhop

Hippy Dogs
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:29:54 PM »
I am the proud owner of a 7 year old Australian Shep named Luke. He is a very energetic dog who I usually take to the dog park 3 days a week. I get friends and family to walk him when I can or I just let him out in the yard to do his thing. I feel bad that he can't get his normal exercise.

Are there any other Hippy member who find it challenging to care for your Pet during this time? What do you find effective?
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Lopsided

Re: Hippy Dogs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:03:04 PM »
The long tongued dog that is in my picture is my young son's thirty five kilo golden retriever. Only I take him for walks, he likes to lead and pulls really hard. Well he did not get any walks for many weeks after my operation. Luckily I have got a big garden.

Now I can take him for long walks that tire him out.

D.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:36:43 AM by lopsided »

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:29:28 AM »
This is Dusty the south of the border collie (got him in baja) haha. He was easy, I could sit on the couch and play ball with him. He's a good dog but I think he wants to eat Wayne-O  :D

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:51:43 AM »
I have a golden Shepard who is a total loon! I carnt take him for long walks at min but he seems to understand, he walks really nicely for me on the lead when normally he'd pull my arms off!
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 08:41:01 AM »
Great to see all the dogs.  My ex and I had 14 dogs when I had my hip done.  They seemed to realize that I was not able to do much with them.  The crutch seemed to let them know I was moving differently. I did not have problems with them jumping up which they sometimes do.  I ended up with so many because I did the shelter website, worked there and did rescue work.  Fortunately, they have a large fenced yard to play in. Here's a page about all my guys  http://www.sixdogstudio.com/patsdogs.php
I am not doing any rescue any longer, but still have 8 dogs.  It is still a handful and I am lucky my neighbor is my dog sitter so I can get away sometimes.

Woof - Woof to all the great animal lovers.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

jjmclain

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:54:43 PM »
I have a yellow lab mix, just over a year and a half old. So he is still like a puppy! His name is Jester...we rescued him. Post-op my husband and kids took care of walking and playing with him. I also have a friend whose dog is best friend's with my dog, so she would come get Jester and take him to play at her house. Even now, I will only take Jester on a walk at a time of day when there aren't too many other dogs out because he would pull me over! My husband and kids are great with walking him.

pasinvabch

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »
I have a mix chow that we got at the spca, Madison, she knows something is up bc the first day I came home she was crying and she always pulls and run when I take her outside, she is been walking at my pace and stops a lot (like me) . I just cannot have the leash, my hubbie does  that
piedad

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal