+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: trampoline jumping  (Read 1581 times)

smdmf

trampoline jumping
« on: May 07, 2011, 03:44:48 PM »
i should probably ask my doctor but i want some opinions from here. im almost 6 months post op. lbhr. my hip feels great. not 100% but getting better by the day. i have a 14 foot trampoline, do you think jumping on it i safe? no flips or anything just up & down and side to side a little bit. any advice is appreciated.

mike

halfdone

Re: trampoline jumping
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »
After my first HR my PT had me doing some high knee running on a mini-trampoline, with stops balancing on alternative legs (other knee lifted as high as possible) and with 90 degree rotations after each move.  This was actually a really good exercise to help regain strength and balance.  It was very late stage PT but before 6 months.  Based on that, I think you should be ok with small bouncing, but how will you resist the temptation to jump BIG??  :)  Take it easy.

wayne-0

Re: trampoline jumping
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »
Hey Mike,
we have a trampoline in our backyard and I've been on it many times. There has never been a problem for me or any pain associated with jumping. In fact it has felt so good because i could not do it for so long pre op. I say go for it. BTW if you can do flips do them. I windsurf and have been doing fairly high jumps again and trust me the landing on windsurf jumps is much more of an impact and so far so good. Like my doc told me you didn't get this surgery to sit on the couch.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat