+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: BEST doctors near Richmond, VA  (Read 4869 times)

Richmond, VA Tom

BEST doctors near Richmond, VA
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »
Hi, my name is Richmond VA Tom and as you can tell by my user name I live in Richmond, VA.  Today is the first day of checking out this site and it is absolutely incredible!  Wow!!!!!  Many, many thanks to Pat for her time and effort!

I have been to three ortho's in the Richmond area and all three suggested THR which I do no want to do since I am an active 47 year old male.  If someone in the know would please list in order of preference the best HR ortho's in my region of this great US of A that I should see for this procedure.  Thanks for your help!!!

Richmond VA Tom

Vicky

Re: BEST doctors near Richmond, VA
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »
Dr. Su is in New York and he is one of the best.  There is also a Dr. Raterman in Tampa Florida and Dr. Rogerson in Madison, Wisconsin.  There is also Dr. Gross in S. Carolina.

You would have to travel a bit but if you want the names of some of the top docs in the U.S., I just gave them to you.

Vicky

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »
Hi Tom

Thanks for the kind words.

I have most of the experienced doctors on my list http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php

There are a lot of newer ones, but I don't have them listed unless they have done 50 -100 resurfs. THere are a few with less on the list because their patients really wanted them listed.

Having had a BHR 2 years ago and read about hip resurfacing for the last 3 years, I always suggest surgeons with lots of experienced.  That's why I went to Dr. De Smet in Belgium. He has done over 3000 hip resurfacings and over 3000 THRs.  Many athletes and others have gone to Dr. Bose in India.  Many insurance companies are starting to cover their surgeries overseas.

You have Dr. Gross of SC and Dr. Mont of MD fairly close to you.  It is often difficult to find an experienced doctor in your own city and sometimes state.

I would suggest you look at my list and see who looks good to you with lots of experience.

Dr. De Smet, Bose and Gross will give free consultations via email if you send them your x-rays in a digital format as .jpg    They are among the best in the world and you can have their opinions free.

Please keep in touch and let us know how we can help. 

You are very young at 47 to be considering a THR.  I was 61 when I had my hip resurfaced and felt even I was too young for a THR.

Pat - Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Richmond, VA Tom

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 06:45:42 AM »
Pat and Vicky, thanks so very much for responding to my inquiry.  Today I am going to call and visit some of the doctors you suggested and make an appointment to have HR done so I can get on with living my life like I really want.  Hopefully in a few months I, too, will be one of the many surface hippys posting my experience on this site.  Many, many thanks to both of you and to the collaborative efforts of many others in making this one awesome site. 

I am going to spread the word.  I am going to share this site with a 45 year old friend of mine who is also contemplating a hip replacement.  I think he will come to the same conclusion that we all have: HR > THR.

Thanks so very, very much!  I feel a real sense of relief and I have not even had the procedure done yet!

Richmond VA Tom

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 07:09:31 AM »
Tom
Thanks for you kind words.

That is the purpose of my website - to help people find out about hip resurfacing.

We have had our hips resurfaced and we think it is a wonderful solution compared to having a THR.

Good Luck and let us know if we can help with any other info.

We are always hanging around the Surface Hippy Website.  I look forward to having your post your own story in the future.  That would be great - but the best part will be for you to be out of pain and back to an active life.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat