+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain after 9 months?  (Read 2102 times)

jgenese

Pain after 9 months?
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:56:18 AM »
It's been 9 months since my left BHR and I'm still getting pain in the front of my hip. Seems like the hip flexor but not sure.
Hurts when I do straight leg raises, putting on pants or anytime I raise my knee up to my chest. It's been like that since the surgery. 3 months of PT didn't help. It feels like it's getting worse. I have an appointment with my physician's assistant Aug.10th but wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

hernanu

Re: Pain after 9 months?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »
I still have a little when I do raises with my right leg, I think it lags the left in recovery. I'm about 9 months on it. I wouldn't really classify it as bad pain, though. You're taking the right steps since you want to clear your mind about it.

Putting pants on, I still balance a bit with the right, the left is pretty rock solid. I think I took a hit, since a foot problem after surgery (came from a bad gait, I think) retarded my progress by a few months. People progress at different speeds, but it's best to check.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

zendy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 05:17:57 AM »
hi

how are you doing?  I just had my second hip done 5 weeks ago the right side and have the front hip pain.  I am female age 56.  I do not remember this with the left. the dr said i need to be patient that everything went fine in the surgery.  I went for acupuncture and it really helped for a few days but feeling pain again, but not as much. the Acupuncture dr said the pain was from my back.

Please advise anything you have learned.
wendy

jgenese

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:59:31 AM »
Well, I met with the PA yesterday and went for bloodwork and he scheduled a CT scan. The implant looks good so they think it might be a flexor muscle that might be causing the pain. Worst case is they do a hip arthroscopy do release the muscle. Hope not!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: start running by BilateralRecerf
May 02, 2024, 05:26:17 AM

Re: start running by spartykus
May 02, 2024, 04:08:53 AM

Re: start running by BilateralRecerf
May 02, 2024, 02:27:12 AM

Re: when did your pain/discomfort completely go away by demens13
April 29, 2024, 12:12:52 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear