+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Six weeks post op  (Read 2636 times)

Ronnie

Six weeks post op
« on: January 19, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »
Hi pat
      I just emailed you but i just wanted to put this out for opinions. Just got back from a resort and felt great. 2 days after dancing, i hope it's just mucle pain but boy am i hurting. After ice and relaxing yesterday it feels alot better. I asked this before and you told me i would know if i did damage. I can walk but i am very stiff. If some else was dumb get back to me please
                                        Ronnie

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Six weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:03:52 PM »
Hi Ronnie

6 weeks post op is still early in recovery.  That's the time I was very, very stiff after sitting. The first few steps really hurt - but then as I moved a bit, things loosened up and felt ok.  That's when I started doing my water therapy which really helped.  http://www.surfacehippy.info/poolexercises.php

Lots of other people really have stiffness at the 6 week point too. Most just contniued to keep moving and let it all work out and settle down eventually.

2 days of dancing can be really hard on your new hip.  Not the load of your body - but the muscle movements.  You are right - if you did something really bad - it would really, really hurt to the point you would be in the ER and in tears.  At least that's what most people tell me that have had problems. 

A little ice and Advil will never solve serious problems like femur neck fracturs, loose acetabular cups or dislocaitons.  They are serious and they hurt like hell - according to others.

Your muscles are complaining from too much use.  Give them some rest and relaxation.  You got your mental R & R at the resort - now give your hip its R & R - rest and ice.

Take it easy.  You will get there and later this year you will be able to dance the night away.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Ronnie

Re: Six weeks post op
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 02:42:05 AM »
Thanks pat
        I    think i'm just worring because i felt pretty stupid to be so hard on the new hip. I can walk so i don't think theres any real damage.
                                                  Thanks again Ronnie

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal