+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 Weeks Today  (Read 1418 times)

gibbcutter

8 Weeks Today
« on: August 30, 2011, 07:16:58 AM »
My weekly update:

After my 7 week mark, I started to feel significant improvement.  Still have muscle pain especially if I  push too hard.  Every once in a while I feel totally recovered, and sometimes I feel like I still have a long way to go.

Final analysis: so far, so good!

hernanu

Re: 8 Weeks Today
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »
Sounds good, Gibb - at 8 weeks, you are still early, but seem to be making really good progress. The muscle pain is still there for a while, you need to rebuild the strength in your muscles around the hips.

I just started doing some more intense exercises (at 9-12 months) to strengthen my sideways motion, since one of my goals is to return to martial arts and soccer. There is pretty intense sideways motion in those, so I'm not just looking at forward motion. I bought a slide board, to simulate ice skating, and am now ramping up on that. I now have another whole group of muscles that are complaining loudly to me.  Oh well, at least this will get me strong in the groin and smaller muscles.

The thing I really had to overcome is the fear of falling on a very slippery surface (and wearing goofy booties).
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

missmaam2u

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:48:19 AM »
Thanks You,

I am a eight week patient also and it is so wonderful to read the great hurtles your have achieved.  I do think you should wait a year before you really try to go full blown.  After six weeks the soreness left my hip.  I am walking at the mall and using my stationary bike until my doctor advises my to do otherwise. 

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »
Glad to hear the progress.  I am four weeks behind you and feeling great.

I did wake up with some soreness today but I did two walks over a mile each yesterday as well as my PT exercises.  I also worked about six hours sitting mostly at my desk.  I need to get up, move more, and ice at work.

I was really bummed yesterday because I wanted to aqua jog.  That has been great for exercise.  The pool where I go is closed for a week for staff training and maintenance.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM