+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tampa Doctor Rehab  (Read 1040 times)

t2green2011

• Pending BHR right hip
Tampa Doctor Rehab
« on: October 11, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »
Question to forum.  I am planning surgery in TPA (Raterman) and want to know if anyone interviewed PT (home based) team to gain insight on post surgery process. I work from home and trying to gauge return to work timeframe. I want to be realistic and approach from doing what's right for my body.

Any feedback would be appreciated?

hernanu

Re: Tampa Doctor Rehab
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:06 PM »
Hi and welcome!  I took the usual recovery path for my surgeon, which was:

• PT immediately (as soon as I woke up) after surgery, continuing until release.
  • Home PT as soon as possible after release. In both cases the first home PT was the day after release.
  • Home PT was twice per week with assigned exercises 3 X per day, walking at least 3X per day, preferably more.
  • Outpatient PT when discharged from home PT, 3X per week for two weeks, then 2X per week for four weeks.

Both PT teams were arranged by the  surgeon's office, with several groups available, if I had any preference. I chose a visiting nurse group for home PT and Baystate Physical Therapy for outpatient PT. All of the teams, from surgical to both PTs were professional and effective for me.

Hope that helped.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

FlbrkMike

Re: Tampa Doctor Rehab
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »
My PT experience was very similar to Hernan's.

As far as returning to work, I work in an engineering office but am set up to work from home (which I normally do every Friday).  Both of my surgeries went pretty much the same. 

Surgery on Friday morning. 
Home on Sunday afternoon.
Caught up on emails for an hour or so by the following Thursday.
Worked about a half day from home on Friday.
In the office for a short day on Monday (10 days after surgery).
Working full time at the office, though a little slowed down, by the middle of the week.

Some  people find that they need more time off.  I felt like I was going stir crazy.  I have two advantages, though - able to work from home and my wife works in the same office that I work in.  We normally alternate days driving but she drove every day until I was ready to drive.
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat