+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 Days Post-Op Right Hip Resurfacing w/ Dr. Gross  (Read 1757 times)

sdunn4

4 Days Post-Op Right Hip Resurfacing w/ Dr. Gross
« on: October 28, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »
Thanks for all the positive comments back to my "2-days Post-op" string; that means a lot!  Just a quick update- We spent a relaxing night at the Courtyard in Columbia Wed. night and drove north for around 9 1/2 hours yesterday after the resurfacing operation on Monday 10/24 with Dr. Gross.  I reclined in my wife's car, front seat- a big roomy station wagon.  The battery pack for the Polar Care worked well- we stopped every 2 hours to get up and stretch, and I iced the hip / leg every other hour.

When we stopped, my right thigh was very swollen regardless!  Sleeping with the leg elevated has alleviated almost all the swelling.  I am weaning off the pain med's- taking one instead of two, etc, with a goal of being through them by this weekend.  We have around 7 hours left to go from  Carlisle, PA to Ticonderoga, NY.  It was 74 degrees when we left yesterday morning and my son sent me a text message with a picture of snow from last night....

Thanks again for the support and advice!

Steve
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:55:14 PM by Pat Walter »
52 YO Rt Hip Biomet Dr. Gross, 10/24/11

hernanu

Re: 4 Days Post-Op with Right Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:05:16 AM »
We just had snow here in the Boston area, welcome to the winter. Sounds about right, Steve - the long ride will take its toll in swelling, but it sounds like you're dealing with it right. Good luck on your second leg (  ;D  - couldn't resist ).
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anniee

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
Steve, after my first resurfacing, I has significant swelling for at least 3 weeks, and I could not blame it on a long car ride, since I live about 1 hour from Columbia.  I think in my cases you do get swelling starting a couple of days after the surgery.  This last time, I had swelling for only about a week, and I didn't do anything differently!

Hope the rest of your trip goes well!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:27:14 PM »
Just don't get out there shovelling any of that new snow.  We had nine inches at my house near Woodstock and I saw a few cars heading for the ski area with snowboards. Mt Snow, Killington and Sunday River are reported open today

Glad you're feeling well. Just be careful in the snow.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal