+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: buttock deformity after resurfacing  (Read 3090 times)

willsand

buttock deformity after resurfacing
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:19:21 PM »
Hi, I had bilateral resurfacing three weeks ago.  My buttocks have lost their smooth contour.  Beyond any residual swelling, the topographical anatomy is non-symmetrical, lumpy, and mis-matched.  Will this resolve or have I traded aesthetics for function?  Thanks, Bill

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: buttock deformity after resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »
Hi Bill

You are very early in your recovery.  Normally, your incisions and butt will heal and become normal.  Sometimes people, after healing, have a bit of an indent in the butts, but not everyone.  You have a long way to go, so don't worry and be patient. 

Think - even if you don't have a photographic butt any more - you will be active and out of pain.  That will be more impressive to most people    ;D

We look forward to hearing how you are doing as time goes by.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »
I had a bit of lumpiness also but it has gradually smoothed out.  I have massaged the area frequently and vigorously, especially across the muscles.  You need to break up the scar tissue.  As Pat said you are early in recovery so start out gradually.

I gave up my hopes to be an underwear model when I saw the size of the scar.  So a lumpy butt won't make any difference now anyway.   ;D

Best wishes.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »
Dan, I have full expectations of returning to underwear modeling. Don't crush my hopes.

Bill, like Pat said, way too early to worry. Your body will readjust.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anniee

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 05:38:40 PM »
Bill, I wouldn't worry yet!  My doctor says it takes at least 6 months to heal completely from the surgery.  Could be for now that you have more swelling on one side than on the other, for one thing.  I did not have both hips resurfaced at the same time, but even so, I have noticed some real differences.  For example, I had a whole lot more swelling on the right side than on the left.  Now, I have no swelling and both sides are even, and neither is lumpy.

Even if you end up having somewhat traded form for function, isn't it better to be pain free and be able to do what you want?  Unless you really had your heart set on modeling underwear?
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:29:26 PM »
      I think my butt was probably assymetrical before the surgery, but I didn't spend as much time checking it out as I do now.  My incision needs constant looking at in the mirror when I shower.  The thickness of the tissue under and around the incision is there, but I'm only coming up on 5 weeks.  I massage it some now, but not too vigorously for worrying that my right cheek will fall off if I break something loose.  It will probably even out once you get those muscles doing their thing again.  Good luck, Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
My operated side is bigger than my non operated side, but I'm probably not a good example. On the bright side big booty's are making a comeback, this could be the booster shot your butt model career needed 8)  Better move quick though, your's will probably be back to normal soon 8)

Tin Soldier

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »
You need to have your PT rub your butt.  Then go out for drinks.   ;)

At 3 weeks you probabaly still have swelling around the joint that may be adding to lumpyness.  Rubbing your butt right now, may actually be a little painful.  My 8 month scar has flattened out and is mostly "gone" other than the color difference.  My 10 week scar is still lumpy.

Dan - you just need to be an ice pants model, then it doesn't matter how lumpy your butt is.   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »
Great idea, Tin!  I love those shorts.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Aerial

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 04:40:26 PM »
Wow this is one aspect of HR surgery I never  thought about.  I guess that post surgery I have a good reason to request a butt massage from my hubby  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:41:23 PM by Aerial »
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 06:55:10 PM »
     As I was rubbing my incision, it occurs to me that all of the cutting and sewing for my procedure was done with the leg flexed to 90 degrees.  My lumpy incision which is curved, straightens out and even smooths out when I flex my leg back to 90 degrees.  I assume that the fascia and other soft tissues were cut and mended with the leg bent as well.  Oh well, rub, rub a dub...Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

Luann

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »
Hi Bill, I still have a little dent right at the incision(over the buttock), but the scar has almost completetly faded and the dent is not as bad as it once was. Since I do not plan on posing for Playboy anytime soon, I consider this a small price to pay! Do not worry. It will get better! Lu( -17 months out)
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal