+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bilateral hip resurfacing  (Read 2708 times)

robert1948

Bilateral hip resurfacing
« on: February 13, 2008, 06:40:36 PM »
Robert 1948: I underwent bilateral surgery in December 2007 at Hollywood Hospital Western Australia. I was in hospital for 8 days then home for Christmas. 
I am now walking without any aids, however still experience groin pain on the left side as well as a slight limp (same side). Towards the end of the day my ankles swell slightly but by morning have disappeared.
I do physio followed by hydro pool work 3 times a week and apart from the groin pain feel ok
Any thoughts ideas etc regarding what else I should do would be greatly received. I intend returning to work next week

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Bilateral hip resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:12:11 PM »
Hi Robert

I can't give you any personal hints since I did not have that problem, but I have put together a page from a group of people that had groin pain.  There are several solutions that worked for other people.

http://www.surfacehippy.info/groinpain.php

I hope that might help. You are still only 2 - 3 months post op, not knowing when in Dec you had surgery, so you still have a lot of healing to do.

I found, along with many others, that the pool work helped.  This is what I did in a neck deep therapy pool that was 92 degrees  http://www.surfacehippy.info/poolexercises.php  I would get very stiff and could hardly take my first few steps to walk after sitting for awhile. The pool relieved all the problems and was a permanent fix for me.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

robert1948

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:08:00 AM »
Hello Pat

Thanks very much for your response, which was extremely helpful. I underwent bil lateral resurfacing surgery on 14 Dec 2007 (9 weeks today).
As far as I can ascertain there are no similar groups set up in Australia which provides comprehensive answers (which yours does). I am reliant on the physios and surgeon who I am seeing on Monday.
Today I had a massage mainly to relieve tight muscles (including the psoas) followed by hydro pool activity.
My intention is to return to work next Thursday at a remote mine site in Western Australia. Once I have settled back at work I am sending my wife off to England for a well deserved holiday

Again thank you for your assistance

Robert     

Ronnie

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:27:35 AM »
Hi Robert
              I am 10 weeks post op Dec 5th 07. I felt some groin pain i am not sure if it was caused by working out or back to work. I also have a slight limp still. Not because of the pain . just habit i think.Today i have no pain what so ever. I also worry how i should feel but my doctor took exrays and all is ok. I just had the right hip done
                                     Good luck Ronnie

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal