+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: new hippy - 9 days post surgery  (Read 1946 times)

dgm

new hippy - 9 days post surgery
« on: February 24, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »
After waiting what seemed like forever - I finally had hip resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson on 2-14-08 in Madison, Wisconsin.  I am completely amazed at my progress each day - I have experienced nothing more that what I would call muscle discomfort in the quad but absolutely no pain at the incision site.  In fact, I think my brain has been so hardwired for pain when I walk that I keep waiting for it, but it just is no longer there.  I was down to one crutch in the HipHab center and am navigating well. 

I am absolutely thrilled with my decision to go with the BHR, even with the travel involved.  Dr. Rogerson and his team provided excellent patient education before, during and after the procedure.  I am already wondering why I waited so long to do this, I feel like I am going to get my life back!  At 46, I am more than excited about the prospect of being pain free. 

My advice to anyone contemplating this procedure, do get evaluated soon.  Dr. Rogerson told me that I was almost not a candidate due to a bone cyst. So don't wait!  You'll be glad you didn't. 
RBHR 2/14/08 Dr. Rogerson

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: new hippy - 9 days post surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »
Hi
Congratulations on the new hip! 

You are experiencing the same type of post op recovery that most De Smet hippies have.  Obviously Dr. Rogerson is doing a great job.

MOst people just don't believe it is possible to have an easy recovery.  I truly believe that the surgeon's skills have quite a bit to do with the type of recovery you have.

I hope you keep up the quick recovery and have a great summer.  Please keep in touch. It is these personal stories that are so inspiring to people thinking about hip resurfacing.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

dgm

Re: new hippy - 9 days post surgery
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 10:27:37 AM »
Dear Pat,
I can't thank you enough for maintaining this wonderful website.  I have already directed so many friends who are experiencing hip pain to it, I have learned so much from the other hippies and feel so encouraged by their progress.  It is great to have so many people willing to share their experiences pre and post surgery.

As a freelance writer, I'm planning a story pitch on the BHR procedure to women's magazines - MORE, Woman's Day, Women's Health, Shape and the like.  I think there is a lot of misinformation out there, even among practioners.  I'm glad that all of this information was available to me and I'd like to do my part to see that others are aware that this is an option.  Dr. Rogerson said he'd be glad to help out and that he could link me up with some patients to interview but it would be great to include those who have visited other physicians as well.  If you know of anyone who might be interested in sharing their story, I'd be delighted to talk with them.  I think being a hippy gives me a unique perspective in writing such a piece.  Any writer can interview someone, but it takes someone who has had a corresponding experience to truly understand.

Best,
Denise

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat