+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Has anyone had BHR with Dr. Della Valle in Chicago?  (Read 3206 times)

Annatrk

Has anyone had BHR with Dr. Della Valle in Chicago?
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:24:31 PM »
Wondering about patients experience with Dr. Della Valle in Chicago? 

Elaine Y.

Re: Has anyone had BHR with Dr. Della Valle in Chicago?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »
Hi,
I've only heard of Dr. Della Valle for knees. Be sure to find out how many hip resurfacings he has done.Check the list of questions on this site to ask him, also.

I don't know if you are from Chicago, but if you are still searching for an MD.... I would suggest my surgeon, Dr. Eugene Lopez. He's in Elk Grove Village. He is very enthusiastic about the hip resurfacing procedure. His information is listed on this site "List of Resurfacing Doctors." He performs his surgeries on Tuesdays out of Alexian Brothers in Elk Grove Village.

Dr. Lopez was the second hip resurfacing MD I saw. He and I clicked much better than my first choice. The first MD I was going with got offended with some of my questions and with some of the questioning I did ask him after he gave me his answers. I did not appreciate that. So, be sure you and your surgeon are a good match and you are totally comfortable, confident, and happy with the surgeon you pick.

Good luck and let us know how you do.. We all like to hear about everyone's recovery.
Elaine Y.
RBHR -- 1/22/08 -- Dr. Eugene Lopez

rcorbin

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:40:03 AM »
Do any of you know Robert Daley from Hinsdale Hospital?  I am considering using him for my revision.  I have only heard stellar things about him and I really like him.  Can anyone give me a "second opinion."

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
Hi

I have to remind people that we are still a pretty small group of folks and you might not find answers to your questions about some of the doctors. You can check my list for the stats for the doctors listed
http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php  If no one has any info for you, I would suggest you ask as many questions as you can of the doctor. One of the most important things you need to find out from the newer doctors is what is your chance of getting a thr instead of a resurfacing. If you have a more complex problem, they often revert to a THR because it is much easier for them. They don't want to take any chances.  If you have an unusual hip problem, it is usually best to find the most experienced resurfacing doctor you can.

Here is my list of questions to ask  http://www.surfacehippy.info/questionsfordoctor.php  THere was a recent post from a lady on the Yahoo Group that woke up with a THR because that is what her doctor thought best.  It is always good to ask the odds of what the doctor thinks will happen.

A MOM thr is not a terrible choice, but it is not bone conserving.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz