+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Question about MRI after having a HR  (Read 934 times)

bigblue

Question about MRI after having a HR
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
I had a HR with Dr. Gross in 2008. My hip is fine but I have injured my shoulder and after having a steroid shot I may have to have an MRI to find the cause of tingling in my hand and arm. Does anyone know if the metal in the hip poses a problem in having an MRI. I emailed Lee and I am waiting on a response but I thought I would pose the question to my fellow hippies.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:37:03 PM by bigblue »

OtterDriver

Re: Question about MRI after having a HR
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »
Hello Bigblue!

Just did a search on MRI compatible metals and Cobalt-Chromium came back as safe in that environment...specifically said as in hip implants as well!

Bruce

bigblue

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »
Thanks. I thought this was the case but I could find no verification.

obxpelican

• ~Welcome to SixBurgh~
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:07:26 PM »
That is correct about MRIs, but wait till you try to get on an airplane now.

I've flown on 5 different occasions since 9/11, the last 2 I got the total frisk down and that's certainly different.  That happens if the airport does not have those total surround scanners.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

bigblue

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:47:56 PM »
That is correct about MRIs, but wait till you try to get on an airplane now.

I've flown on 5 different occasions since 9/11, the last 2 I got the total frisk down and that's certainly different.  That happens if the airport does not have those total surround scanners.

Chuck
Been there done that. Going to Scotland last fall on a golf trip was loads of fun. The Newark airport has to be the worst airport I have ever flown out of. In actuality the security coming back from Glasgow was just as thorough but it was much easier.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats