+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 7 days post op....still in hospital :(  (Read 1735 times)

ibbski45

7 days post op....still in hospital :(
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:18:34 AM »
 Its been 7 days since my surgery a and doctors here at the Cleveland clinic still don't know weekly my blood pressure won't stabilize while standing...thought I was on my way home ystr but they wanted to see how I would respond to vicodon which was re-added for pain for my trip home...after taking again ystr I did do sum walking and sat in chair for a lil bit....this morning on preparing to go home I was in bathroom when the light headness started..I got to bed with help from nurse, other nurses came to take m my NO while sitting 140 80 then sitting up 120 65 then standing 95 54 also heart rate was at 155...frustrated here don't know when i'm going home.
They've started an IV on me thinking I may be low on fluids....going crazy
RBHR Dr. Knothe Cleveland clinic

hernanu

Re: 7 days post op....still in hospital :(
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »
Sorry to hear about the snag, we've had a few hippies who have had early challenges, but they overcame them and went on. Did they check for anemia? we had one hippy whose early problems were cleared up that way.

Good luck and keep fighting.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »
Yes, sorry to hear about this problem.  It will get straightened out, just hang in there and try not to get too frustrated.  At least you are in the hospital where they can deal with it and take care of you and any pain issues that are there.  You'll be home soon, just try and take it easy while you have to wait.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:34 PM »
You're in the right place.  Cleveland Clinic is well regarded, so I have to imagine they have a top notch staff.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

mountaingoat

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »
Wow, my blood pressure was worse than that and Dr. Gross' staff still let me leave. I wonder now if that was a good idea.  ??? When I woke up from my second surgery it was 80/50 which is practically in a coma :o. It never went above 100/65 while I was there but I have low blood pressure normally.  I also had anemia. I found that when I went home I still had the lightheadness for another 5 days and had difficulty especially in the mornings getting up and eating, etc.

But it will soon pass and you'll be on your way. I am now over 6 weeks and doing better.

Good luck!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
I am sorry to hear you are having problems.  I had similar problems after my open heart surgery for my aortic valve.  Every time I stood up I got dizzy.  When I was finally released on day 8, I still was dizzy.  It took my cardiologist's PA to figure out it was a med I was taking that dropped my blood pressure really low when I stood up. These meds we take are often strong and really affect some of us badly.

Hopefully, they will get it sorted out for you soon.  You are in an excellent facility, so they should get you straightened out soon.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 08:45:40 PM »
Ibbski,

Hope you are doing better,

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012