+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Four years after surgery  (Read 2088 times)

MetalHipMikey

Four years after surgery
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »
Hey all. It's been four years since I had my hip resurfaced. I have fallen once about two years ago with only minor issues. I had a grinding sound in my hip for a few days. My Dr. said it was ok, and X-rays showed not problems, and it went away.

Recently I have been having weird crunching or grinding sounds from my hip. But today I was sitting down, and when I moved, it sounded like something was stuck in between the ball and socket, or like the two peices of metal rubbed together. It wasnt really an audible sound more like I heard it through my bones. And since then my hip has been feeling kind of weak.

Is this sound something that anyone else has experinced? I am not near my doctor so I cant get x-rays at this time. Hoping maybe someone can give me an idea of what is going on, and relieve some of my stress. Thanks

hernanu

Re: Four years after surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
I haven't heard of that, Mike - is the sound still there? Just to be sure of what's going on, I would go to a doctor's office and have x-rays done. If you're doc's not available, in the doctor's list on the site, there are some doctors who will look at an x-ray for free and give you their opinion. 

Better yet, if you're near one of the listed doctors and they take your insurance, you could visit one of them to let you know what the deal is.

The best way to get rid of that stress is to know what's going on, so I'd check it out. Here's the doctor's list that Pat maintains:

http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php

You want someone with good experience with HR to look at your x-rays. Good luck.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

mslendzion

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »
Hi MHM, what type of device do you have installed?
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:44:01 PM »
Hope its nothing, Mike.  Hang in there.

Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms