+-

Author Topic: any helpful ideas for my trip to chennai  (Read 4073 times)

jlamb

any helpful ideas for my trip to chennai
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:38:29 AM »
i am heading to chennai for bhr on april 15 and  am curious about a couple of things.  am i expected to tip, is there any time for sightseeing, will i feel well enough to sightsee, was five days in rehab center enough or should i book more, what was comfort level on plane flight back to states as i am looking at around 30 hours of flight time. seems like travelling alone is doable but i am interested in a solo travellers thoughts.   any feedback greatly appreciated  jim

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: any helpful ideas for my trip to chennai
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:11:59 AM »
Hi
Welcome to Hip Talk.  I did not travel to India, but Belgium back in 2006.  A few things I know are:

You will need to get up and walk about every hour while flying back.  I only had an 8 1/2 hour flight and did.  I got a free upgrade to the bulkhead seat since I was wheelchair bound coming back.  Not all airlines will do that.

Be sure to tell the airlines you need wheelchair assistance coming back.  It is tough walking the airports on crutches.

I had to stay at least 9 days post op before flying home.  Check with Dr. Bose on how long to stay.  I think 9 days is about a minimum.

I was able to do sight seeing at 5 days post op.  We all heal differently.  You should be able to enjoy the resort by the ocean and do some sight seeing as far as I know.

there are some Bose patients here.  Hopefully, they will talk to you.

I know a handful of people, both male and female, that traveled to Belgium and India by themselves.   Some were even bilateral patients.  Make sure you tell people over there you need help and I know you will get it.  I think Dr. Bose keeps you in the hospital longer than my doctor in Belgium. I was only in the hospital 2 1/2 days, I think Bose keeps people much longer.  All questions to ask him or his staff.

I tipped in Belgium so I assume you would tip in India, especially at the resorts and taxis.  Others will let you know more.

Good Luck and stay in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats