+-

Author Topic: Pulling trigger  (Read 1053 times)

htj

Pulling trigger
« on: March 23, 2008, 03:06:26 PM »
Thanks to all who responded to my query about surgeon experience.  Although my surgeon had only 50-60 BHR at the time I scheduled surgery, I chose to go with him because of his overall experience, overall rating from all I talked with, and because of my comfort level with him.  I am going in for surgery tomorrow, March 24, so I will let you know how I make out.  (surgeon: Dr. Fred Fletcher, Albany NY)
htj

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy
Re: Pulling trigger
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 05:17:49 PM »
Hi

You have to go with the surgeon that you feel best with.  It is your hip and your surgery.

I wish you the very best.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Let us know how you are doing when you get home and can get back on the computer.

Good Luck!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

rlm869

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 11:42:04 PM »
htj- my surgeon also had only 50-60 but i decided to go with him as well. looks like i made a good choice, i am 2 days post op and doing great. i have no pain, just tenderness in the incision area and stiffness.

i stayed with him because i trusted him and his nurse and he answered all of my questions trutfully. good luck with your surgery!

rebecca
rebecca
dr. john evans
3/24/08 rbhr

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:10:14 AM »
Hi Rebecca

Glad to hear you are doing well.  It is always hard for people to believe that you can go thru such major surgery and not have a great deal of pain after.

I hope your recovery continues to go well for you.

When you get a chance, post a little most about your experience under the Hip Stories section - then we can follow your recovery.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Mission Statement
Surface Hippy presents information about hip resurfacing. It does not provide medical advice.
It is designed to support, not to replace, the relationship between patient and clinician.
Advertising - Revenue from this site is derived from commercial advertising and individual donations. Any advertisement is distinguished by the word "advertisement"
Privacy - Surface Hippy does not share email addresses or personal information with any group or organization.
Content - Surface Hippy is not controlled or influenced by any medical companies, doctors or hospitals.
All content is controlled by Patricia Walter - Joint Health Sites LLC 2005 - 2018 Web design by Patricia Walter.

Hip TalkModeration

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis by Patricia Walter.

The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that this forum is public and any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all.
You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderator to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc..) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

Please keep your comments positive and polite. If you have a disagreement with another forum member, moderator or the site owner; please use the the private message feature of this forum or email the member. We try to avoid emotional conflicts on the discussion group and we will do so by removing posts and banning those that cause problems.

The moderator reserves the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.

Advertisements

Hip Resurfacing at Cleveland Clinic

Dr. Pritchett Hip Resurfacing Doctor

Dr. Gross Hip Resurfacing Doctor