+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Feeling really tired and washed out Pre Op!  (Read 1612 times)

Rach41

Feeling really tired and washed out Pre Op!
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:34:18 PM »
Hi all posting again got right hip resurfacing on the 15th May (not long now!) and just wandered if anyone after they had an operation date suddenly just felt so washed out and tired (especially in the evenings).  I wonder if it is my body's way of saying at last after suffering with constant pain for 10 years something is going to be done! The hospice has agreed to take my youngest (disabled) for the week I am in hospital and my husband is of a couple of weeks and got Continuing Care coming to see me on Tuesday to see what assistance they can offer.  Had my pre-op done last week and my BP was up, I wonder why!!!! hope it wont be up on the operation day!!!

Anyway just to have it over and be on the mend :)

Rach
Accis right hip resurfacing on 15.05.2012 by Mr Woodnutt, Morriston Hospital, Swansea

hernanu

Re: Feeling really tired and washed out Pre Op!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »
Hey Rach!

You're going through so much right now, emotionally, physically that you may well be running into that. I know that sometimes, I've been in a really stressful situation and my body was right there with me, sane and facing things. The moment the crisis was over, I got sick. I'd get a cold or something and I figured it was just that once allowed, it was able to crash.

Just a non-medical person's opinion, but it has happened with me enough to know it's coming. Let people help you, both before and after - you deserve it, we all do.

You'll be there, sounds like all of your arrangements are good. Be good to yourself, once you mend right everyone benefits.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

wendell

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 02:29:42 AM »
I'm not an expert, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn once.....I'd say it's stress.

WTW15

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »
Hang in there Rach!  It's all coming together and you can just go with it.  Get your rest when you can and Best Of Luck To You!  Will keep you in my prayers on May 15. 
denise
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

phillwad

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
Just a few days to go - try and get some rest and relaxed.  I did not get overly stressed prior to my 2 surgeries - I was lucky.  You will do fine and glad hubby will be able to help - Phill

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear