+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any Drs. in Georgia????  (Read 2028 times)

dimples

Any Drs. in Georgia????
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I was approved for resurfacing by Dr. Gross a couple of weeks ago - only to find out later that my insurance will pay nothing towards his fee.  Now I must make the difficult decision to either live with the pain or go with a much less experienced Dr. I have consulted with 2 Drs. in my area.  Dr. #1 has done 15 resurfacings, says I have a 10% chance of ending up with a THR during surgery, and is scared to touch me because of my nickel allergy.  Dr. #2 says that I don't even need surgery, that my nickel allergy wouldn't matter anyway because the implant is made of chrome, and has done 5 resurfacings.

Does anyone know of a surgeon IN GEORGIA who has more experience?  There are none listed on this site.  I live near Atlanta but would be willing to travel to find someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks!!!!

encore

Re: Any Drs. in Georgia????
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »
I recently had my right hip resurfaced by Dr. Gross but before I discovered him I had been leaning towards visiting Dr. Cotton there in Georgia for an eval at the very least. I'm not sure where Dr. Cotton is and am less sure about his performing resurfacing though he has a great rep for THR's and is a super ortho with a lot of experience. If he is not doing resurfacing at this point, his staff may be able to point you in the right direction there in Georgia. Check with your states physician finder if you can't find him in Albany or Columbus. LOL.

dimples

Re: Any Drs. in Georgia????
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »
 I found a Dr. Bennett Cotten in Albany on the internet.  This may be the one you mentioned. Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat