+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sleeping on side!  (Read 1307 times)

Rach41

Sleeping on side!
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:56 AM »
Hi all I am now on day 6 post op. Been told that I have to sleep on my back for 12 weeks although said at least for 4 weeks. I had my right hip done and prior to surgery I used to sleep on my left with a long pillow between my legs to support the weight of my leg. I know that when can sleep on yr side you have to with a pillow. Between yr legs! Has anyone slept on their side at 6 days and how did they find it? I can't sleep on my back. I do lay on my. Ed flat for hour per day to stretch out the ligaments. Want to know whether doing it now would  e okay?

Thanks
Accis right hip resurfacing on 15.05.2012 by Mr Woodnutt, Morriston Hospital, Swansea

stephen1254

Re: Sleeping on side!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:36:54 AM »
At the hospital I was strapped into some foam contraption that kept my legs apart and allowed me to sleep on my side. Although I brought the foam thing home I wasn't able to duplicate the position of my legs comfortably, and I felt too much pressure on the operated hip. I ended up sleeping in a recliner for the first 8 days, then on my back in bed for the next 14. It was right around day 22 that I was able to comfortably sleep on my side.
RBHR Dr. Callander 3/27/12

midiowa

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »
about three weeks for me to sleep on my side COMFORTABLE.  it stinks being on your back for soooo  long .  itll come soon and its awesome.

Rob6297

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 11:16:22 AM »
Did not sleep on my side until 3 weeks comfortably.  I would follow whatever your Dr. Says though.  They have limitations for a reason...be careful.
Joe
Joe
RBHR 4/20/12 Dr. Su and Victoria

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 08:15:15 PM »
No restriction for me at all. Slept on my non operated side 1st night after op when still in hosp. Had the help of nurses and 2 strategically placed pillows. Continued to do this once home for many weeks with no issues.
Listen to your doc though or at least ask him to clarify - it does seem like a long time compared to most.
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Rach41

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »
Thanks for replies all.  I just read my post again, you can tell I posted that on a tiny qwerty keyboard on my phone the mistakes in it! Still on back will check with Dr next week maybe I will get used to it! Rach
Accis right hip resurfacing on 15.05.2012 by Mr Woodnutt, Morriston Hospital, Swansea

ZAP

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 04:27:01 AM »
!0 weeks out and sleep on stomach and non op side. Still tender pain on operated side when I lay on it. Almost like very sore muscle. (which I think it is)
Only slept on back the first night in hospital which wasn't a problem because I didn't want to move any ways..   :)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat