+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Coumadin side effects?  (Read 3562 times)

marathonhippo

Coumadin side effects?
« on: April 03, 2008, 01:48:04 PM »
Hi all,

I had my first hip done in February and was on Coumadin until I had to stop it for surgery on my other hip.  I didn't notice any side effects whatever the first time, but the surgery for the other hip was on March 10th, and about two weeks later, I started getting chills on and off, and diarrhea ever since.  I know this could just be a virus, and I went to see my family doctor yesterday (they are doing tests), but I have no other symptoms, and as I was reading about Coumadin, it did say one of the possible side effects is diarrhea, muscle aches and chilling.  I was curious if anybody has had a reaction to Coumadin.

Thanks,

Alan
RBHR  2/4/2008 - LBHR 3/10/2008 Dr. Hickman

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Coumadin side effects?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:07:22 PM »
Hi Alan

Can't answer your question since I was not on Coumadin.  I do know many people have had heavy night sweats.

I also know many people that have had 2 hips done have had different recoveries for each. One might be easy while the other one more difficult.

Let's hope you just have the touch of flu and will be over your problems shortly.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

ginnie

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
I had the exact same problem. The runs for all 3 weeks I was on coumadin, especially after they upped my dosage. I did have a bought of body aches and I thought I was also comming down with the flu , I took 1,00mg of vitamin C and disappeared the next day.  ,,and yes I did have a night of night sweats,, I think its the bodys normal way of getting all that medication out,, I have been off the coumadin now for 2 weeks and my body is much happier.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 03:09:29 PM »
A lot of people use to complain of very heavy night sweats for a few weeks following surgery on the Yahoo Discussion Group.  Not many have been complaining recently.

I don't know if it has something to do with the blood clot medicine or the type of anasthesia used during surgery.  Just thought I would mention it in case some people are having the night sweats.  They will eventually go away.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

stevenp

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »
I also had night sweats (and did not sleep well) for the first couple of weeks post-surgery. I was only taking aspirin, so it might not be the blood clot medecine.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: start running by BilateralRecerf
May 02, 2024, 05:26:17 AM

Re: start running by spartykus
May 02, 2024, 04:08:53 AM

Re: start running by BilateralRecerf
May 02, 2024, 02:27:12 AM

Re: when did your pain/discomfort completely go away by demens13
April 29, 2024, 12:12:52 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear