+-

Author Topic: Follow-up Dr. Visits?  (Read 873 times)

stephen1254

Follow-up Dr. Visits?
« on: July 27, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »
I'm at 4 months post-op and I last saw Dr. Callendar at 4.5 weeks. He wasn't real clear about follow-up visits and I'm curious as to what to expect. I'm thinking probably soon, and again at a year?

I'm going to contact his office but I'd be interested in what others have done. I certainly don't mind seeing the Dr. but I live on the other side of the state and it's a full days travel every time I go.
RBHR Dr. Callander 3/27/12

hernanu

Re: Follow-up Dr. Visits?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »
I did six weeks (one per hip) , six months (both hips), one year (both) and am about to do my two year (both) on August 15 (actually the 24th is two years, but hey, they're not as sentimental as I am  ::) ).

Each of my three was pretty much the same - XRays, review of my gait and motion, balance and then a discussion of where I am, what to expect, issues like cup vulnerabilities and metal ions, etc... then shake hands and I would go to his administrative people to make sure they mail me a copy of the XRays.

Since I'm a bilat with 3 months in between surgeries, we base it on the first hip, and after the six week visit, use that visit to review both. So for my left, the intervals are: six weeks, three months, 9 months, 21 months.

So five visits in all for two hips over two years.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:40:39 PM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

OtterDriver

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
I visited Dr. Callendar one month after the surgery and again at four and one half months.  The second visit didn't amount to much since I was progressing so well...no x-ray...seems a phone call would have sufficed since I travelled from Alaska!?  He mentioned the next would be at the one year mark.

Glad to read you're doing well also!

Bruce

pasinvabch

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »
Hi,
two weeks, 6weeks (xrays) 4 month and 6months with an assistant, 9 month and 1 year with xrays again. next appt will be at 2 yr .
Piedad

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats