+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Odd Surgery Date????  (Read 1596 times)

hoyt66

• Champions are measured by their ability to overcom
Odd Surgery Date????
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »
Yep. I scheduled surgery for....9/11. It reminds me the horrific event that happened here in the States but Dr. Schmitt does his surgeries on Monday and Tuesday and Monday of that week was n/a. Sooooooo scared. I'm a sissy. When I walk (an adjusted walk) I

sometimes forget it hurts and I think "do I need this surgery", then I remind myself how I can't stand in one place for more than three minutes and how I can't mow my grass for more than 15 minutes at a time etc....
Right BHR Dr. Schmitt 9/11/12

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Odd Surgery Date????
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
Everyone is nervous.  Just focus on the life you will have after your surgery.  The positive of how you will be active again without pain.  Dates don't mean a lot - but surgery does when it gives you your life back.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »
Don't worry about the date.  It's just a date in history.  The new World Trade Center is going to be more beautiful than anyone could imagine. 

Last year I was working at the World Trade Center and I set my goal to work until 9/11 before starting my surgeries to put this body back together.  I worked until 9/09, the friday before the 10th anniversary.  I forgot to take into account all the overtime we would work all summer to make that date.  Most days I could hardly get to the subway to get home.   Almost a year later, I'm recovering nicely and looking forward to a long and happy retirement.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

bilateralbliss

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 02:40:12 AM »
Could have been Friday the 13th!!
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

hoyt66

• Champions are measured by their ability to overcom
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 06:28:28 AM »
Could have been Friday the 13th!!

Ughh! True. I'm not superstitious....OK I must be cuz I wouldn't have scheduled that one. :)
Right BHR Dr. Schmitt 9/11/12

lori.36

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »
Well a good thing is that you will not mess up what day your sugery is.  The date will be okay becuase it is not 9-11-2001, rather 9-11-2012.  May the force be with you.
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

Marco Polo

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
I believe today is the date of your surgery with Dr. Scmitt. I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery. 

I am new to this Board and am still looking for an experienced surgeon to Resurface my right hip. I live in Michigan and am considering Dr. Schmitt, as he seem like he is very experienced and gets good results.  I would be interested in hearing your feedback following your surgery.

Best of luck.

Mark
Marco, RBHR, Della Valle, 3/29/13

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat