+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: First Home game of the Season  (Read 2129 times)

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
First Home game of the Season
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
Off to Carrow road tommorrow afternoon to watch the mighty Canaries. I always catch the Train from Great Yarmouth to Norwich and then walk from the station. Before my Op I could only just make it. Then after my Op because I fractured my femoral head I had to get my sons to push me in a wheel chair.
It will be interesting to see how comfortable the walk will be now the fracture is healed or healing. I will take one stick because I did promise I would use a stick until I see McMinn in October. Not decided whether I am going to use to walk or just clout my two monsters when they start arguing. Either way it could be useful.

Come on Yew Yellers.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Dee Dee

Re: First Home game of the Season
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:57:33 AM »
Go Jason!
Use that stick wisely.  You are still healing.
What an awesome story!
Right HR  5-23-12  Dr. Gross
Left HR 12-5-12 Dr. Gross

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 04:51:04 AM »
For the first time in years I can honestly say I have walked to Carrow road from the train station and back with no pain at all in my right hip. It is only 0.6 miles each way but it was great to stroll along at a good pace with my fellow Norwich fans without feeling like an old man. I carried my stick just in case but didn't need it. Today I thought maybe I might have discomfort but none in my operated hip at all. The left is a bit niggly now and was when walking but that is because it has a bit of OA in it but nothing I can't handle at the moment. Can't believe how bad my left felt when I was weight bearing for three months solely on that leg. Now I can take weight on my bionic side the left has eased off alot as per McMinns prediction. I am starting to think that guy might know what he is talking about. Wish i had listened to him in the first palce then I wouldn't have fractured my head to start with. Oh well all fixed now. :D
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »
Jason, I love your story.

That McMinn fella seems to have this HR thing by the nuts. Things like that walk are the rewards for doing this and caring for it. Keep briefing us, I want to hear more of your story.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal