+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: T-16 days and wouldn't you know it!  (Read 2236 times)

hoyt66

• Champions are measured by their ability to overcom
T-16 days and wouldn't you know it!
« on: August 26, 2012, 08:48:42 AM »
I am having my right hip done 9/11/12. My left hip has started popping. Now granted my right hip did that for 10 years before know but still! Couldn't it have waited until my right hip was done. This journey is as mental as it is physical...maybe more but I'm up for it. Just venting to ppl who truly understand. Thank you
Right BHR Dr. Schmitt 9/11/12

Dannywayoflife

Re: T-16 days and wouldn't you know it!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 10:16:13 AM »
Ive personally found this to be a real mental battle! Far harder mentally than physically. Feel free to vent as much as you need. We've all been there so understand completely!
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Anna

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »
Oh I know this feeling so well!!!! Ive suffered pain for about 6 years in my right but my left has always been absolutely fine. Im looking at an op soon on my right but over the past 3 months ive also started getting slight pain and popping in my good hip. Its heartbreaking. I always knew my other would go at some point because I have dysplasia in both but I was so looking forward to being pain free for a few years at least!

This is the hardest thing mentally. No doubt about it, but we all know how you feel so keep venting  :)

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

metoo

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »
I knew that I had arthritis in both hips.  The x-rays showed that the right was worse than the left, but not a whole lot worse.  I really didn't notice a problem with the left because the right was a much bigger trouble maker.   Now at 13 weeks post surgery on the right hip, I am realizing all kinds of pain on the left side.   

During recovery, my left leg did all the work climbing stairs and when rising from a bed or a chair.   That may have aggravated the arthritis.

The right hip feels great right now so that helps me gear up mentally to have the left side done.  It is easy to forget the magnitude of the discomfort that existed prior to the resurfacing.

Right hip.  Dr Gross, 5/16/2012

lori.36

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »
My other hip is going too.  They told me that it would and that I would get maybe 7 more years.  I do not know how they calculate or even guess.  I am having pops, and some pulling in the abductors, but just trying to get my operated hip ready to take on the world.  I am 18 months post op, and I think I have another year until I need to do the next.  Fingers crossed. 
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »
I'll cross 'em for you too, lori.

Hope it lasts you a while, but as a bi hippy, I'll tell you that the living is fine after the recuperation.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Tin Soldier

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »
I had the same thing.  As soon as I got close to fixing my left, my right starts acting up.  Maybe the degeneration gets so bad in one, that the rest of the body compensates, more than you might expect, therby grating on the other hip.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

hoyt66

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »
Thank you for the replies. My left hip is really popping and snapping when I bend the right way. Doesn't really hurt but I know the feeling. I went today for my staff check and final blood work, 2 weeks out. Sometimes I walk so unaffected by it I wonder why I am

getting it done. It's like I'm really happy when it hurts now so I know I'm making the right decision. I hear all the time "you'll know when you're ready". I'm 46, I know I'm bone on bone and I can't mow my grass with out alot of pain let alone anything else. What a mind

job. Let's get this going!! T-14

Tin Soldier

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
Again, been there, wondering if it was time.  I was so freakin happy after I go the first one done.  I think you will be too and you might be so ecstatic from having a slice of life back that you might not even fuss or worry about the other hip for awhile.  Oddly, I felt like one hip was good enough, almost like I needed a touch of daily pain and discomfort to keep me alive.  Weird huh?  Didn't last long though a few months out I realized I needed to get righty swapped out. 

I like your countdown.  Keep us posted, ground control will be here for you.   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

hoyt66

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
Again, been there, wondering if it was time.  I was so freakin happy after I go the first one done.  I think you will be too and you might be so ecstatic from having a slice of life back that you might not even fuss or worry about the other hip for awhile.  Oddly, I felt like one hip was good enough, almost like I needed a touch of daily pain and discomfort to keep me alive.  Weird huh?  Didn't last long though a few months out I realized I needed to get righty swapped out. 

I like your countdown.  Keep us posted, ground control will be here for you.

Tin soldier those words mean A LOT to me! Thank you

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM