+-

Author Topic: 6 weeks post op, exhausted, is anyone else like this?  (Read 2613 times)

Spanielsal

6 weeks post op, exhausted, is anyone else like this?
« on: September 19, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »
Hi guys

Just wanted to know if I'm bizarre but whilst the pain in the hip has gone, it's almost normal to slep on my unoperated (well ancient op hip) side, I'm finding the recovery from the surgery as a whole body thing very slow.

Is it me? I did have a virus early on, or is this norma?l. I can only plan one or two things a day, I need to pace myself and rest. It doesn't help that I'm getting up at 5.30am to get my daughter off to school but I'm off to bed at 9.30 or 10. 

So my question is, is this normal post op to be this tired at 6 weeks?  I feel like I shoud be over this and out there by now. Thanks guys, memories appreciated
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

rubyred

• Never Give Up
Re: 6 weeks post op, exhausted, is anyone else like this?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
Sal, lovely, I have to sleep every afternoon. If I don't, it's like Night of the Living Dead in our house!

I don't know whether it's normal or not, I would assume it is considering what we've put our bodies through, but if you're bizarre then so am I!
LBHR - 9th August 2012 - Mr R. Treacy

Welcome back to life.

einreb

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »

So my question is, is this normal post op to be this tired at 6 weeks?  I feel like I shoud be over this and out there by now. Thanks guys, memories appreciated

i think its completely normal.  I suspect its a combination of not getting a good night's sleep, your body still in recovery, and the fact that moving around during the day takes some extra energy since things are still out of whack?

gain by yielding,

Bernie
40yo at the time of my 2/16/2011 left hip uncemented Biomet resurface with Tri Spike Acetabular cup by Gross

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
Normal as the summer's rain, Sal - at six weeks, you're still catching up to everything, park that impatience and let your body relax into its new life.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Spanielsal

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »
Thanks guys.  ::). I'm going to unplug the phone, leave the tv on for those doggies and sleep!
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

hipnhop

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 05:05:22 AM »
At 6 weeks, when I could finally sleep on whatever side I wanted, I slept like a baby.  It is when resting when we heal and recover. Sweet dreams.
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »
Sounds very similar to what I experienced, I was taking at least 2 naps per day whenever possible for the first couple months after each one.  Once back to work physically in the office, I was whipped at the end of the day, and did a snooze as soon as I got home most days.

Just the healing process Sal
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats