+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Five Week Update  (Read 2356 times)

blt01

Five Week Update
« on: December 19, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »
All,

First of all I have to say how amazing it is to be rid of the constant OA pain.  What a life changer. I had not realized how much that constant pain affected my outlook on life.  WOW!!! 

I'm at 5 weeks post op today (Dr Gross Left hip on 11-14-12) and feeling better each day.  I over did it on Saturday this past week and it seems to take a few days to recover.  I finished the arthritis meds on Sunday and noticed a difference the past couple of days.  I called Dr Gross's office and they refilled my meds.  I feel better today.  It felt like a set back.  On Monday I felt great and was able to limp around comfortably without the cane.  Tuesday, sans the meds, I felt as if I took several steps backward.  I'm looking forward to the small healing each day brings.  I am going back for my 6 week check up at 8 weeks due to timing. 

Went back to work after two and a half weeks for half days.  The sitting is the most uncomfortable thing.  It's not painful just uncomfortable.  I'm very fortunate to have a job that allows me flexibility and will continue working half days in the office through this week. 

Randon Thoughts by BLT

- The ice machine continues to be my friend
- Using a cane makes me feel 15 years older
- Target has the best motorized carts
- The motorized carts need cup holders
- I love my iPhone 5
- Life without OA is bliss
- MY WIFE ROCKS
- Explaining resurfacing never gets old
- A recliner is a must

Merry Christmas to all,

Brad
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:16:40 AM by blt01 »
L Biomet Recap - Dr Gross - 11-14-12

hernanu

Re: Five Week Update
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »
Nice report, Brad and Happy Holidays.

Take the meds as long as you need them, we don't get extra points for being in pain; matter of fact, it retards your recovery if you start compensating for the pain while moving.

Liked your random thoughts, and no oa IS bliss. Enjoy!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Bryan712

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »
Congrats Brad! Merry Christmas

bmurphy

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 03:13:38 PM »
Hi Brad,
Benita Murphy here. I was the woman from Mobile that had resurfacing with Dr Gross the same day that you did. Glad your doing well. I had trouble with the pain meds while I was in the hospital (Nucenta (sp) was too strong and I backed off-bad move! ...was in bad pain when you saw me in PT) Ended up convincing them to just give me Lortab and that was enough for about 3-4 days, then didn't really need them after that except for an occasional night or two. But now, I too am doing amazingly great...even better than I expected. After two weeks, no limp, no pain, no cane and walking my brisk mile! Now I have to remind myself which leg to walk down the steps with first. Starting some of the 6 week phase II exercises.  Feelin' pert near normal... it's grand ain't it! Love Dr Gross, Lee, his staff and Providence Hospital peeps!
I'll be having my post op appointment about 8 weeks as well. (the 8th of Jan-timing of Christmas and all) My husband says we have to leave extra early in order to get there in time to watch the game that Monday night!

Have a great New Year!

Benita

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:08:13 PM »
Welcome to the site, Benita! great that you're doing so well.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

patrick_d

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 10:14:50 PM »
Great update Brad!

Benita I also had my hip done that same day, I think we were all in PT together that Thursday afternoon.  Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Take care....Patrick
Dr. Gross 14-Nov-2012
Biomet Recap - Right Hip
41 yrs old at surgery

blt01

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 03:36:55 PM »
Thank you everyone.  Benita, glad you are doing well.  I could not remember your name, but I was the guy to your left.  I think all four of us in that PT session were drugged up quite well. 

Keep up the great recovery. 

Brad
L Biomet Recap - Dr Gross - 11-14-12

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 04:53:51 PM »
Don't worry Brad, the cane is temporary.  You're well on the road to recovery. Congratulations!
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

phillwad

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »
Brad - I never used a cane - I had to have crutches for 6 weeks - made me feel like an athlete not an old xxxx.  I never had a recliner - wished I had - good advise

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat