+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Traveling to Europe (England?)  (Read 7655 times)

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
Traveling to Europe (England?)
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »
Hi all,

So, in 2014 my wife and I will be going on a 20th anniversary trip.  I originally wanted to bring her to England, as I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there for work a number of years ago.  Also on the list is Ireland, Scotland, and Italy.

I was hoping that I could get some input from the European contingent.  Also, if we do go to England, when is the best weather?  I would assume July/August.....yes?

Andy
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Dannywayoflife

Re: Traveling to Europe (England?)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »
Hay Andy, June, July, August would be the best time weather wise. Where in England did you visit last time out?
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »
I spent a day at a factory in Heathfield, Newton Abbot (not sure if I'm getting that right).  Then, I spent two days in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.  I loved it there......such genuinely nice people, and it seemed - to me - like a village from long ago.  I stayed in a small, old hotel that literally had "skeleton" style keys for the rooms.

Then, I had 1.5 days in London, and went to see some tourist-y things.
Andy

BOILER UP!

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 05:11:18 PM »
I can HIGHLY recommend a vist to York. It's a lovely city and there is soooooo much history. There is also great shopping and other stuff to do. It's also only 2.5 hours from London on a fast train. And the same to Edinbrough
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Tin Soldier

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:38 PM »
It rained most of August when my wife and I did a tour from London to Edinburgh, to Glasgow, and down the other side, but we're sort of used to that living in the Willamette Valley of Oregon.  Rains a lot here.

I lived near Glossop (east of Manchester) for a year when I was 9 and I have really awesome memories of it.  I loved the Penine way, moors, canal boats, castles, Snowdon in Wales,...

I don't think you will miss much where ever you go, there is soo much to see and do. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 05:42:27 AM »
The part of England with the lowest rainfall by far is East Anglia. Our Weather has been pretty weird in recent years. I would say May and June have been dryer than July and August and September here on the East Coast is normally one of our best Months. We have plenty of History in Great Yarmouth going back to the Romans and beyond and I can recommend a nice Hotel ran by a really nice bloke called Jason ;D. burlington-hotel.co.uk.

Jas
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Spanielsal

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 04:16:03 AM »
Hey Imgettinold...... Come to Scotland!  it rains a lot, yes, but it is truly stunning.  if you are heading up this way PM me and i'll send you my address - you'd go straight past my house if you went up the A701 from Moffat to Edinburgh which is a stunning route through the "Devil's Beef tub" where they used to store nicked cattle.  Up and up to the source of the river Tweed and then into the Southern Uplands where I live.  I do a pretty good Soup and Sandwich for travelling hippies!  I do have dogs (having just read the previous post "Dog Bite")  but they don't.... bite

have a great trip, and if you are heading up this way, I hope to meet you!
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 11:56:18 AM »
Unrelated to my original post, I happen to be in Barnsley, South Yorkshire for a few weeks (1 left), and will be in York for the weekend.

Any UK hippies in York want to grab a pint (or two)???
Andy

BOILER UP!

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »
Ah man typical! I was born in Barnsley and lived in York for 20 years! I'm down near London now though! >:( mike lives in York though he might meet up with you!
Hope you enjoy York it's a lovely city!
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat