+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Info request for Germany based surgeons.  (Read 1700 times)

13.1man

Info request for Germany based surgeons.
« on: January 26, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »
Hi Everybody.
Quick intro, 58 year old male, European but living in 'sunny' Canada, with advancing arthritis in left hip...and about to do something about it. I have decided to go for BHR (and have had confirmation by one eminent surgeon, via email, that I am suitable for BHR) I emailed 10 day old xrays and reports to him and several others) Been suffering increasing pain for the last year and now is quite enough. By virtue of this wonderful forum I have managed to draw up a shortlist of 5 possible surgeons and have already reached out to most of them. Info/feedback is being received daily and will have a good clear picture where to turn in another weeks time.
I do however have one question for this forum........has anybody used any of the recognised German surgeons? If so, what was your experience? Since I will be funding the whole thing personally anyway, I aim to pick the best that is available in the timeframe I have available. There appear to be at least two (2) Surgeons in Germany, with extensive experience and previous training by the pioneers.
Any info would be most appreciated!
Regards
Bo

Dannywayoflife

Re: Info request for Germany based surgeons.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »
Hi bo welcome!

Any particular reason to pick Germany? If I were self funding for a BHR personally my money would be going to either Derrick McMinn or Ronan Treacy or Vijay Bose in India.

Treacy and McMinn obviously have the most follow up of all surgeons

Regards

Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

13.1man

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:39:46 AM »
Hi Everybody.
Quick intro, 58 year old male, European but living in 'sunny' Canada, with advancing arthritis in left hip...and about to do something about it. I have decided to go for BHR (and have had confirmation by one eminent surgeon, via email, that I am suitable for BHR) I emailed 10 day old xrays and reports to him and several others) Been suffering increasing pain for the last year and now is quite enough. By virtue of this wonderful forum I have managed to draw up a shortlist of 5 possible surgeons and have already reached out to most of them. Info/feedback is being received daily and will have a good clear picture where to turn in another weeks time.
I do however have one question for this forum........has anybody used any of the recognised German surgeons? If so, what was your experience? Since I will be funding the whole thing personally anyway, I aim to pick the best that is available in the timeframe I have available. There appear to be at least two (2) Surgeons in Germany, with extensive experience and previous training by the pioneers.
Any info would be most appreciated!
Regards
Bo

Hi Dannywayoflife
Thanks for the welcome. McMinn and Bose are on my list, as is De Smet....i am  German (or so my passport says ;-) and I noticed that there are at least two Surgeons that have trained with at least some of the eminent globally known experts. They also have considerable numbers of ops under their belt. Going there would facilitate an easy visit with some of my family and make extended recuperation , before returning to Canada , a breeze........and probably a little cheaper.
Cost is not a main driver ( quality of life most certainly is ) but you know guys....we have , and need toys.........;-)))
By the way, the two surgeons I am considering there are Winter (Friedrichshafen)and Faensen(Berlin).
Regards
Bo

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »
Of them all Bose will work out the cheapest. He was my back up if I couldn't get Mr T on our nhs.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat