+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Problems getting BHR on NHS  (Read 1803 times)

mickymoko

Problems getting BHR on NHS
« on: March 25, 2013, 12:48:49 PM »
Hi , I am a newbie here. I live in the north west of england and i am having great difficulty in getting any local surgeons to consider a BHR doe to negative media press. I am interested in a referral to Ronan treacy after reading many complimentary articles on here. Is it possible to get a referral to Birmingham if you live outside the Primary Care trust as I do in Wigan?Any help and advice much appreciated

Dannywayoflife

Re: Problems getting BHR on NHS
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:34:08 PM »
Hay mick I've replied to your email mate. The NHS stands for NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE. It really does make me wonder why we had these centres of excellence built like the royal orthopaedic hospital when idiot GP's say oh you can't go there it's in Birmingham! Nonsense!
Anyway I got there I currently reside in sussex (but I'm a fellow northerner) so he's it can be done and Ronan Treacy is THE most experienced resurfacing surgeon in the world and surprisingly doesn't have all these issues that these crap surgeons bleet on about! Maybe that's because he puts em in right?!!

Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Mike D

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »
Hi Mickey,
A few on here-me included- have been treated by Ronan Treacy, even though we live nowhere near Birmingham.
The big problem for us all seems to be the level of incompetence in the way the NHS is run- the lack of communication within the system is unbelievably bad.
I followed Danny's lead and paid to see Mr Treacy privately, then he will refer you back onto the NHS under his care at the R.O.H in Birmingham.
This is probably the best way forward as the NHS just don't seem to know what they're doing in referring people to Birmingham.
Once you do get to see him-and don't stop battling till you do- you can relax in the knowledge that you're in the best hands possible.
Cheers,Mike.
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

evant

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »
As Danny and Mike say, being referred should be straightforward but in reality it rarely seems to be the case.

I too followed Mike and Danny and somehow (I did have to jump 1 or 2 hurdles along the way) managed to get to the lovely operating table of Mr Treacy.

Don't give up and be prepared to fight for what you want - you'll be glad you did.

Good luck.

rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

mickymoko

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:20:01 AM »
Cheers guys for the support. I have contacted Mr Treacy's secretary and have booked intitial consultation. Will keep you informed.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat