+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 1 Year Anniversary  (Read 4251 times)

maxx6789

1 Year Anniversary
« on: April 05, 2013, 09:44:05 AM »
today is my 1 year anniversary of becoming a bilateral hippy. i can still remember the day when the first doctor i saw said i needed two hip replacements (especially considering i made the appointment due to pain in one knee). i was in a semi-state of shock for a few days. the next 2 months were filled with research (including this site) and doctor visits (yes, visits ... i saw a total of 5 doctors before setting my first operation date.

i had three levels of goals that i hoped to get from hip resurfacing: level 1 was being able to walk my dog (and around the office) pain free and without limping. was able to do this at about 6 weeks post-op!!

level 2 was to be able to go to the gym and have an intense work and feel good both during and after the workout. was able to do this at or around the 2 to 3 months post-op!!

level 3 was to be able to go surfing and snowboarding again. my OA had really affected my ability to both do and enjoy these two activities. i first surfed at about 4 months post-op (against dr orders ... shhh) and finally got to go snowboarding last week (hipwise, i could have gone sooner but weatherwise i waited for the perfect weather day).

the best words i can use to describe my 1 year results .... "amazing" and "night and day" (difference between before and after surgery). when the first doctor said i needed two hip replacements, i never thought i would ever feel as good as i do now!! can't wait for a summer that will hopefully be filled with surfing, wakeboarding, TRX, and SUP!!
Left BHR Della Valle, Sept 14, 2011
Right BHR Della Valle, April 4, 2012

hernanu

Re: 1 Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »
Congrats maxx!

My first anniversary was the best. By the second I was blase' and taking things for granted  ::)

It's great that you're hitting your recovery goals. You still have more recovery to go, your second anniversary will feel much better than the first.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

evant

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »
Great 1 year anniversary write up.

Great double recovery from the initial shocking prognosis.

Good on you.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

Marco Polo

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 11:15:37 AM »
Steven:  great update.  I am glad to hear that you continue to make progress, and that you have been able to return to the sports that you enjoy.  That's what makes this procedure so amazing.

I hope you enjoy many hours of surfing and wake boarding this summer!

All the best,
Marco, RBHR, Della Valle, 3/29/13

fenceman

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:10:38 AM »
Great to hear Max.  Keep it going.
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »
Great news Max.  Happy anniversary!
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

kimberly52

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »
Happy Anniversary!  May you have many enjoyable pain free active years on those hips.

Kim :)
LBHR 4/6/13
42/44
Dr. Michael Clarke

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat