+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: lafuma chair/recliner  (Read 3092 times)

claudia

lafuma chair/recliner
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »
Hello- I've read a lot about sleeping in the Lafuma after surgery.  After I looked up what a "laFuma" was I realized that I stashed one away in storage about 5 years ago because the thing was so darn difficult to get in and out of (and this was before my hip issues.)  Is the Lafuma chair the same as the recliner?  It tilts back for zero gravity...
Really?  This thing is comfortable to sleep in?  Hmmmmmm...  Do you put some sort of pad on it so it's more comfortable?
Thanks for your input!

Dr Gross, Right hip, 3/21/18

Marco Polo

Re: lafuma chair/recliner
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 05:20:03 PM »
Claudia:  Yeah, I purchased the Lafuma RSX Zero Gravity Recliner. I am tall, so I purchased the XL version.  I have been using it since my resurfacing three weeks ago and find it very comfortable.  I spend much of my day and a few hours at night sleeping in it, and it works great.  Before my surgery I used it with no extra padding and thought it was comfortable.  However, after my surgery my wife came up with the idea of putting a Therma Rest self-inflatating sleeping pad on it and it made it even more comfortable for extended periods and raised the seat slightly.

As far as getting in and out,  I get in by putting my hands on both arm rests and lowering myself in.  I get out by putting my hand on the non-operated side on the arm rest and using a crutch on my operated side to lift myself up.  It was a bit tricky at first, but no problem at all once you get the hang of it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:13:03 PM by Marco Polo »
Marco, RBHR, Della Valle, 3/29/13

claudia

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
I really like your wife's idea of the therma rest sleeping pad on the chair.   Seems to me a pad would make it more comfortable.   Maybe I will drag it out of the outdoor storage closet, clean it up and give it another try before the surgery... 

I'm thinking maybe a tempurpedic mattress for my bed would be more comfortable too.   ;D

thank you!
Dr Gross, Right hip, 3/21/18

Dee Dee

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:36:01 PM »
Hi Claudia,

I liked my sam's club version of the chair. I added a travel pillow for my neck instead of a regular pillow. 

I like my temperpedic bed for pressure point relief, but rolling is difficult and support is not the best.  I think that a topper on a regular bed might be great. 

Dee
Right HR  5-23-12  Dr. Gross
Left HR 12-5-12 Dr. Gross

kimberly52

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 07:03:40 AM »
Hi Claudia,

I have a Temperpec mattress and find it very comfortable although my husband believes that it is too firm.  For me, the firmness makes it much easier to get in and out of bed because I am not fighting with a squishy mattress that wants to swallow me back in bed.  Also, I find the firmer mattress makes it quite easy to lift and reposition myself, again without fighting the mattress.

Hope you find the right combination of mattress and recliner that works best for you.

Kim
LBHR 4/6/13
42/44
Dr. Michael Clarke

Somppr

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 06:16:35 AM »
I am new here but do have a sleeping problem, have not slept in a bed in about 6 months and have high blood pressure as well as diabetes, am overweight.

I have to sleep in a recliner https://thehomedweller.com/sleeper-chairs/ to be able to get any sleep at all and have not had a sleep study done yet. Talked to my doctor about giving me something to help me sleep but she refuses to do that. I have tried to sleep in my bed but am unable to sleep in it, lay there for hours without going to sleep, i do have arthiritis of the knee and when i lay down for a few minutes my knee gets stiff and starts to hurt so i have to get up after a short period of time. Have thought about getting an adjustable bed but they are so expensive .

The recliner is in the living room and that makes it hard to get to sleep when my husband is not ready to go to bed and wants to watch the tv. Or get up in the midde of the night wanting something to drink and i am in the recliner in the living room and the kitchen is just in the next room and it is a open floor plan so i am waking up when he comes in the kitchen to get something to drink.

I do not think i would be able to sleep in a sleep study because i cannot sleep in a place where i am not used to being unless they would have a recliner. Would love to be able to get back in my bed and get a good nights sleep.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:20:31 AM by Somppr »

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal