+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Upcoming surgery with De Smet Belgium - questions  (Read 1305 times)

ayars

Upcoming surgery with De Smet Belgium - questions
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »
Patricia Walter is posting for ayers:

I am going to have bilateral surgery in Belgium (DeSmet) re where to stay, what to bring or other suggestions.

happyhopper

Re: Upcoming surgery with De Smet Belgium - questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »
Hi - best wishes for your forthcoming surgery.
I have recently been given quotes for surgery by Dr de Smet and he suggested a hotel on the quote.  There was one hospital for the new surgery and another hospital for the revision surgery.
When is your surgery - I will be interested to hear how things progress, as I have to make some difficult decisions shortly.  I am anxious about having surgery abroad (I live in the UK) in case something does not go to plan and I need to return to Belgium or the USA.

happyhopper

Re: Upcoming surgery with De Smet Belgium - questions
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 03:42:08 PM »
 Hello again.
I have just checked my information and Koen suggests the Grand Hotel Reylof for the first surgery - a 7 day stay after leaving the hospital.
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Akkerhage Ghent for the revision surgery with a 9 day stay after leaving hospital.  This is cheaper than the first hotel.
As your surgery is bi-lateral, his quote should advise you which hotel he requires you to stay and for how long. 
Apparently the rates at these hotels are discounted for Dr De Smet's patients.
How have you got along with the language barrier?  Dr De Smet has good English but not perfect and I am concerned that important information could be lost when translating.  Are you travelling from the US?
Look forward to hearing more regarding your adventure.
Regards

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat