+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scar tissue breakup  (Read 2712 times)

packman

Scar tissue breakup
« on: May 25, 2013, 08:18:48 AM »
I'll admit I am a little confused on the breakup of scar tissue and the degree as per the following choices either singular or in combination
1) Dr Su's physical therapy instructions suggest the exercises will break up the scar tissue
2) The foam roller is a method for working the deep tissues however from what I have heard - not recommended until months 3-5 post-op
3) Arrojo suggests some massage using active release technologies and don't leave it too long - working it after week 6 clearance

Can anyone comment on the merits of 1 preference, alternatives or combinations thereof?
Bilateral 99.9% Canadian,.1% USA re; BHRP (right) -3/21/13 Biomet uncemented - Dr. Gross / Lee Webb Columbia South Carolina
BHRP (left) standard uncemented Dr Emil Schemitsch sept 25/17
London Ontario Canada
Damn Osteoarthritis!!

mike1966

Re: Scar tissue breakup
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »
Hi Packman,

A combination of all 3 worked very well for me. I was prompted to massage and the roller by IT band causing knee pain at about 9 weeks but it helped greatly with scar tissue as well. A very good and cautious massage therapist, the roller and pool work were of great benefit to me.

Good luck, Mike
LBHR 2nd April 2012 Dr Van Winden

Dannywayoflife

Re: Scar tissue breakup
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »
You need proper deep tissue massage to properly break up scar tissue. The roller is ok but it compresses rather than stretches.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat