+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Right hip done by Dr. Su 5-20  (Read 1669 times)

lincolnmc

Right hip done by Dr. Su 5-20
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »
Hi, I just had my right hip done with a Birmingham hip by Dr. Su last Tuesday.  Eight days later I am walking around with one crutch and have been on the bike (10 to 20 minutes so far) in the trainer since day 5.  I was off the percocet by day 4 and am just doing Ultracet 4-5 times a day.  I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Su, I believe his skill is why I am progressing as well as I am.  One thing that has made this so much easier is that Dr. Su has no hip restrictions.  The no 90 degree rule would make day to day so much more difficult.  I am putting on socks and moving pretty well.  I could actually go without crutches now, but have been asked to wait until the end of the week and then only inside.  Have my 12 rehab exercises and am cruising along, obviously I am very pleased how this has gone so far! Thanks Mick

Emersonmom

Re: Right hip done by Dr. Su 5-20
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
I am so glad to hear about your progress! I am scheduled with Dr. Su next Thursday and I am getting anxious. It is the "anesthesia" and the thought about how I am going to feel before and after the surgery is what is freaking me out.

All the best with your continued progress!
Dr. Su*LBHR*06/05/08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Right hip done by Dr. Su 5-20
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:34:32 AM »
Hi Mic

Congratulations on the new hip.  Sounds like you are having a good recovery.

Dr. Su is an excellent surgeon. 

I hope you will have a great summer doing just what you want to do with the new hip.

Keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat