+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Three year anniversary on Sunday and doing fabulous!!!  (Read 2288 times)

luann again

Three year anniversary on Sunday and doing fabulous!!!
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
Hello fellow hippies ( and hippies to be!),

I am very excited to be nearing three years since my surgery! I had a Wright C+ done on my right hip by Dr Sparling in Vancouver, Wa.  I was 45 at the time of my sx , female, and am approx. 116 lbs and 5' 2". I have had no real pain since my sx, other than ( what I know now were) the aches and occasional soreness of recovery. I enjoy a very active lifestyle, bike riding, hiking, and ( often extreme) horseback riding. My HR was nothing short of a modern day miracle, and I feel so fortunate to live in this time of medicine.
 I am STILL improving in my strength. I had heard from other hippies that it can take years. They were correct. Those of you who recently had sx... DON'T rush it!!
Just thought I'd share. I love hearing other's success stories. Hope to be writing something similar in the years to come.
And again- thank you Pat for this awesome forum.   
Sincerely, Luann.
Dr. Sparling WA Wright C+ 2010 right hip, petite female done at age 45

podgornymd

Re: Three year anniversary on Sunday and doing fabulous!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:27:04 PM »
Thanks for your update luann. i am just at 6 weeks out and it is great to hear stories like yours because there are days when i have setbacks i wonder if i made the right decision. Your story, like many others keep me motivated and staying positive. Thanks

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 02:28:26 PM »
luann, that is great news. I'm following in your footsteps, will be at three years in a few months.

Sounds awesome and I'm really happy for you.

I agree with you, my strength is still improving as well, although I'm back to where I was (mostly) in martial arts, and in some cases (weight lifting and yoga), am doing better than I was.

Great update and advice.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

luann again

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
Thanks Hernanu and podgornymd!!

Glad you are doing well, too. Hernanu!

Podgornymd- be patient, follow Dr's orders ( even if they are different from other Drs you may read about here) and don't worry if your recovery isn't the same as everyone else's. Good luck!
Dr. Sparling WA Wright C+ 2010 right hip, petite female done at age 45

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:34:43 AM »
Luann congratulations on your 3 year anniversary.  I hope you have many more.

Thanks for posting.  Looking forward to hearing your update next year.

I collected all your older posts and newer posts in one story so people can read about your progress back to riding again.

http://surfacehippy.info/hipresurfacing/additional-stories/318-lauann-hip-resurfacing-dr-sparling-2010

Good Luck.

Pat
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:18:46 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat