+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hives  (Read 6194 times)

susannatuttapanna

Hives
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:41:19 PM »
I had my right hip resurfaced in 2010. Sometime in 2011, I started getting unexplainable hives. My allergist has checked many things but doesn't believe it could be caused by metal sensitivity. I haven't had metal ions checked. Still getting hives daily. Anyone else experience hives as a result of hip resurfacing?
Susan, scheduled for Hip Resurfacing, October 2010, Dr. Robert Gilbert

susannatuttapanna

Re: Hives
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:26:24 AM »
So, my labwork for metal shows elevated Cobalt. Does anyone know what is a safe level and what it might mean, long-term, in my body? I'm a bit scared. My hives have been going on for about 2 years now but are controlled with antihistimines.

Will I need to have a revision surgery?

Should I be worried about metal ions/debris?

Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Susan, scheduled for Hip Resurfacing, October 2010, Dr. Robert Gilbert

kimberly52

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 12:04:19 AM »
Hi Susanna,

My boss has a BHR and developed a rash.  It was spreading over her entire body and all testings came back with nothing.  Then she had her metal levels checked and they are through the roof.  She is scheduled for October to have a THR.  She also is experiencing a lot of clunking which she did not experience during the 4 years that she had the BHR in.  No pain whatsoever though.

Kim
LBHR 4/6/13
42/44
Dr. Michael Clarke

Kelly

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:28:56 AM »
Last April 15 I had a double re-surfacing by Dr Su.  Today, March 6, 2014, I have hives and intense itching that I was told yesterday could very likely be a reaction to the metal implants.  I will be under-going a "Skin Patch" test to determine the source.  I have been given steroid creams to control the itching and taking anti-histamines to control the situation -- though be it temporarily.

For this to happen so early in the re-surfacing leaves me with a chill.  I am also thinking there be "cleansings" may mitigate the situation.  Is there anyone with holistic (or otherwise)) knowledge regarding reactions to metals and proactive courses one might take?

Thanks...exploring an alternative to the THR....

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear