+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Resurfacing with Dr. Kusuma  (Read 2105 times)

MillieJ

Resurfacing with Dr. Kusuma
« on: July 02, 2013, 10:25:28 AM »
I am a 55 year old female and have had arthritis in my hips for several years.  In February 2012 I started experiencing pain which led me to consult an orthopedic surgeon.  X-rays revealed bone on bone along with a bone spur.  Doctor wanted to do total hip replacement.  I was not in that much pain and did not want to move forward.  He told me when I couldn't do the things I wanted to do, come back.  In February 2013 I knew it was time to do something, but I did not want total hip replacement.  Fortunately, my family doctor, Dr.Zimmerman, recommended I make an appointment with Dr. Kusuma to see if I would be a candidate for hip resurfacing.  After researching the procedure on line, I was impressed and knew this was what I wanted so I was thrilled when Dr. Kusuma agreed to perform the surgery.  He requested that we wait 3 months to perform the surgery and in that time, at his suggestion, I walked on the treadmill daily, watched what I ate and lost 20 pounds.  Getting in better shape assured optimal performance for him and the recovery easier for me.  Surgery was performed on May 15th and I have been amazed at how quickly I am recovering.  After my six week check-up, the only restrictions I now have are no running or jumping.  I still have a little muscle soreness and a little stiffness if I sit too long.  I've been walking on the treadmill and will be getting my bicycle out this weekend if it quits raining!

Jon

Re: Resurfacing with Dr. Kusuma
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
Rock on, Millie.  Great story and looking forward to hearing more about speedy, healthy recovery.
McMinn RBHR, December 2011

evant

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »
Good choice of surgeon - lucky you to have a good family doctor too.

Good luck as your recovery progresses.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »
Millie - Thanks for posting your story.  Many perspective patients will learn from your experience and great recovery.

Good Luck.  Give us an update when you get a chance.  Have fun.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat