+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 month update  (Read 2093 times)

podgornymd

3 month update
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »
I am a little more than 3 months  out from LBHR and jsut wanted to give an update so hopefully those not there yet can see what to expect. It has been a rollercoaster with so many milestones and unfortunately a few setbacks.Like everyone advised me you may start out as a turtle but will eventually catch up. I did start out slow but i feel i am right in the middle now.

never needed any pain meds post op mostly due to the game ready ice machine.
PT started first week.
3 weeks on spin bike without resistance.
at 4 weeks tried to walk too early and was laid up for a few dys and back to crutches.
4 weeks started water therapy , running in deep end and swimming with pull buoy
6 weeks- walking without crutches.Best moment of recovery!!able to tie my shoe strings.
back to work also.
8 weeks on my bike on the road doing short flat ride.Walking more everyday
10 weeks tried to do too much because i felt so good and ended up on couch for 3 dye.
12 weeks flexibility and balance improving every day with exercises. riding for 2 hrs on the road with a little climbing. swimming up to 1.5 miles 2-3 dys /wk.

I still have some pain especially with my psoas muscle. If i could get that to go away i would be feeling great but this is a huge improvement from where i was  before surgery.

All the great advice i received from this site has made it alot easier . Even with all the advice the hardest thing is trying to figure out what is too much . My hope is i keep improving everyday  while listening to my body and be pain free at 6-12 months.

Hope that helps the newbies.

Thanks again for the input.

Lauren Lee

Re: 3 month update
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:09:01 PM »
It does help! Thank you! It was 6 weeks today and I have my 6 week check tomorrow and a troubling situation going on with my incision related to the dissolvable sutures. I hope it's nothing. Going back to work Monday.
This site has been so helpful to me. Hope I can pay it forward!
RBHR on June 17, 2013

Reno

Re: 3 month update
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »
Hi Lauren Lee-

By now you are approaching 8 weeks and I hope you are still progressing well in your recovery.  My THR surgery is scheduled for Aug 26th and I am so glad to have this sight and all of the stories about everyone's journey as this is a scary process for me...

I look forward to hearing how you are doing, now that you have been back to work and are more active.

Wishing you well in your recovery.

Reno

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat