+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: 3 month update  (Read 1574 times)

podgornymd

3 month update
« on: July 31, 2013, 01:12:18 AM »
I am a little more than 3 months  out from LBHR and jsut wanted to give an update so hopefully those not there yet can see what to expect. It has been a rollercoaster with so many milestones and unfortunately a few setbacks.Like everyone advised me you may start out as a turtle but will eventually catch up. I did start out slow but i feel i am right in the middle now.

never needed any pain meds post op mostly due to the game ready ice machine.
PT started first week.
3 weeks on spin bike without resistance.
at 4 weeks tried to walk too early and was laid up for a few dys and back to crutches.
4 weeks started water therapy , running in deep end and swimming with pull buoy
6 weeks- walking without crutches.Best moment of recovery!!able to tie my shoe strings.
back to work also.
8 weeks on my bike on the road doing short flat ride.Walking more everyday
10 weeks tried to do too much because i felt so good and ended up on couch for 3 dye.
12 weeks flexibility and balance improving every day with exercises. riding for 2 hrs on the road with a little climbing. swimming up to 1.5 miles 2-3 dys /wk.

I still have some pain especially with my psoas muscle. If i could get that to go away i would be feeling great but this is a huge improvement from where i was  before surgery.

All the great advice i received from this site has made it alot easier . Even with all the advice the hardest thing is trying to figure out what is too much . My hope is i keep improving everyday  while listening to my body and be pain free at 6-12 months.

Hope that helps the newbies.

Thanks again for the input.

Lauren Lee

Re: 3 month update
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 02:09:01 AM »
It does help! Thank you! It was 6 weeks today and I have my 6 week check tomorrow and a troubling situation going on with my incision related to the dissolvable sutures. I hope it's nothing. Going back to work Monday.
This site has been so helpful to me. Hope I can pay it forward!
RBHR on June 17, 2013 by Dr. Phillip Schmitt, Huron Valley Sinai Hospital, Commerce Twp, MI

Reno

Re: 3 month update
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:40:44 PM »
Hi Lauren Lee-

By now you are approaching 8 weeks and I hope you are still progressing well in your recovery.  My THR surgery is scheduled for Aug 26th and I am so glad to have this sight and all of the stories about everyone's journey as this is a scary process for me...

I look forward to hearing how you are doing, now that you have been back to work and are more active.

Wishing you well in your recovery.

Reno

Recent Posts

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
Yesterday at 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
Yesterday at 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:16:11 AM

Advertisements