+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2nd Year Anniversary  (Read 2524 times)

maxx6789

2nd Year Anniversary
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:04:41 PM »
Today is my 2nd year anniversary of my left BRH. Amazing how nervous I was two years ago and how happy I am today. When the first doctor said I needed two hip replacements, at that time I never thought I would ever feel as good as I do now.
It has certainly been interesting and virtually all positive. I celebrated my 2nd year anniversary by going surfing for the 5th day in the last week which is a lot for any time of year in NJ!! I have never surfed better – although I think my new board has a lot to do with that so does my new hips.
My only mini-set back during the last two years was when I strained my calf running – yes, it was my first time running. And, my last. I never loved running (i.e., not my passion) and I took the injury as a sign that I should not be doing things that I don’t truly love. When people ask if I can run with my new hips, I tell them “I can but I choose not to”.
I had three goals when I decided to get the BHR. 1, be able to walk my dog pain free and limp free. 2, to go to the gym and get a good workout in. 3, to be able to surf and snowboard. Honestly, I would have been (very) happy to only reach my first goal but thanks to Pat, Vicki, both their sites, a friend in the medical, Dr. Della Valle and his staff, my sister and her family for letting me rehab in their home twice, and others I have meet along the way, I have been able to reach all three goals.
Is it too late to add a 4th goal? I have never kite boarded and that sure does look like a lot of fun.
Left BHR Della Valle, Sept 14, 2011
Right BHR Della Valle, April 4, 2012

Anna

Re: 2nd Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »
Happy birthday!!!! That all sounds so good 

I hope you have many more years of walking, surfing, snowboarding ... and kite boarding :D

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »
Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing your story. Inspiring to many perspective patients.

Good Luck and let us know how you are doing when you can.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
Congrats!!  ;)
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 12:16:01 AM »
Congrats! You'll still be improving over the coming year. Kite boarding... sounds fun!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

luann again

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 07:58:59 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing your progress! People need to know how great this procedure is! Mine is at three+ years now, and I just comfortably worked, hosted, and rode in a five day horse clinic ( large group lesson). Four years ago I was dragging a leg in pain taking handfuls of NSAIDs doing this!!! My HR gave me back my life!!!
Congrats! Here's to many more years!
Dr. Sparling WA Wright C+ 2010 right hip, petite female done at age 45

Marco Polo

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 08:16:01 PM »
Steven:

Congratulations and best wishes for many more years doing the things you love! You were one of the folks that was instrumental in steering me towards Dr. Della Valle, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

As you said to me, with a properly designed device being placed by an experienced surgeon, the results are truly amazing!
Marco, RBHR, Della Valle, 3/29/13

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat