+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: I did it!  (Read 2496 times)

oldsoccerplayer

I did it!
« on: September 23, 2013, 08:05:27 AM »
Finally at almost 8 weeks post op I was able to sit down and put my left (op side) ankle on my right knee, reach down with a towel and dry in between my toes. This may sound strange but I was stressed for weeks over the inability to perform a simple daily routine that I've been doing for 4 decades without a second thought that suddenly became impossible after the surgery.
I've also started back on exercise bike / elliptical / stair climber routines; I'm lucky to have a state of the art gym within a couple of minutes' walk from my house.
Now I just need the self discipline to make it part of my daily routine  :)
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

hernanu

Re: I did it!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:34:16 AM »
One thing that I read in a survey done on hippies (normally I put the link in but... it was a bit ago), is that there is a halo effect, where their fitness improves compared to the general population.

I think it's because of the challenge confronted, and the realization that this body that we have needs to be maintained. Also since we have become active with a physical routine (crutches, walking, PT, etc.) it is more natural to flow into more activity than to fade into senescence.

So I think if you have had enough discipline to take it this far, and you're pi$$ed enough to focus on little physical things, when you realize that the walls of the OA have come down, it may be natural to become a (younger)soccerplayer   ;D

Good stuff, those spaces between the toes don't dry themselves.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anna

Re: I did it!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:20:31 AM »
YIPPEEE!!! I'm a bit jealous. Well done you  ;D
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM