+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 months in... doing well  (Read 2135 times)

mjbostock

8 months in... doing well
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
8 months since I had my left hip resurfaced by Sarah Muirhead-Allwood in London, and I am feeling fantastic!

I've been hiking up to 15 miles in a day and have been back playing tennis for two months.

The tennis was the thing that made me most nervous - I was convinced that the hip would pop out as soon as I put realy weight on it (as is serving), or twisted and turned too quickly.

I took it very slowly - just hitting for half an hour at a time once or twice a week. 

Then as if by magic, I suddelnly realised that I had forgotten the hip and was letting myself go.

I'm not quite back to where I was before the arthritis stoppped me in my tracks a couple of years ago (lost a lot of fitness post surgery for one thing) but I'm getting there.  And it feels fantastic!

So my message to anyone thinking about it, or int he early stages of recovery:  it's transformed my life and I hope it will do the same for you.

All the best,

Martin

hernanu

Re: 8 months in... doing well
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
Great news, Martin and thanks for checking in, I'm sure it will affect people considering this.

You've got more improvement to look forward to, I'm still improving in small ways at three years.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

surf_nwildwood

Re: 8 months in... doing well
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
Hi Martin,

This is very good news indeed.

My surgery is scheduled for Nov 6th. and my plan is to be back on a surfboard by July which, by the way, is eight months post op.  So knowing you are doing well at this point is quite comforting.  Keep it up!

Best,

joe

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat