+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bruising  (Read 2330 times)

vctrrth

Bruising
« on: October 03, 2013, 07:26:14 PM »
I had my right hip resurfaced 2 years ago and just had my left hip resurfaced last Fri (9/27/13).  I had some bruising with the first resurfacing, but this time my left leg seems to have quite a bit.  The bruising is almost black and is around the groin area and back of the leg.  It is not painful, but looks very ugly.  Is this something to be concerned about?

sharleen

Re: Bruising
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 07:52:29 PM »
I think that this is all pretty normal. I have had both my hips done and had severe bruising with both. It seemed on both occasions to move from behind my knee area and travel down my leg and finished up on the sole of my foot before disappearing completely. It took several weeks. It does look pretty bad but promise you that it does go. I found that a daily light massage also helped it to dissipate.
Hope that this helps!
Sharleen

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 12:03:47 PM »
Like Sharleen, I had bruising both times and it travelled down the leg. It's just a matter of time until it goes away.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 01:00:39 PM »
Same here. Keeping the leg raised is supposed to help make it go away faster.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

vctrrth

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I spoke to my primary care physician today and it seems nothing to be worried about.  Like the responses, my Dr said light massage may help, but it just takes a few weeks to go away.  After 1 week of surgery, I'm now only using one crutch and have not had much pain, so no complaints.   :D

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat