+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6-Months Already  (Read 1972 times)

kimberly52

6-Months Already
« on: October 05, 2013, 09:44:14 PM »
Hi all,

I can't believe that tomorrow is my 6-month anniversary!  I had a few bumps along the way but got on track a few months out and have been progressing well ever since.

Been out enjoying my road biking, power walking, canoeing, and hiking in the Adirondacks and nearly back to my previously active life with the exception of running and steep mountain hiking.  Dr. Clarke made those two activites off limits until we meet again on Thursday.  I am crossing my fingers that he gives me the green light to resume running.

I did have a minor incident a month ago and slipped in the mud while hiking. I went right down on my affected hip and thought for sure I had screwed things up.   :-\.  Fortunately it was nothing major other than a bit of a setback in my activity level. I also noticed that I began to clunk but that too has subsided.

One other thing, I got lazy and for a few months did not do my stretches but would do power walking and hard rides on my bike.  I am more of a go, go, go person and found the stretches boring. I have since resumed my stretching with that fall and find that they are still most beneficial this far out of surgery.  I have learned to slow down and make sure I do them at least once a day, preferably in the morning to get the blood moving.

Anyway, I thought I would check in and wanted to say that having this done was the best decision for my active life.  I also retired in August and will be doing extensive traveling in a few weeks and will now be able to enjoy the ride pain free. :)

Life is good.

Kim
LBHR 4/6/13
42/44
Dr. Michael Clarke

MikeF

Re: 6-Months Already
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
Well done Kimberly. Love to hear how well we're all feeling. Please let us know how your meeting with Dr. Clarke goes. Also, if you start running again I'm curious how you will progress.
I was in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago. Visited family in Fayetteville and  at Green Lake State Park. Nice to be 'home' for awhile.
Mike

hernanu

Re: 6-Months Already
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
Nice!

Kim, it's great to hear from folks at six months or a year, when they're released to full function.  Great to hear about resuming most activities already.

One piece of advice (from someone who has stretched a lot), you may get the most benefit from doing your heavier stretches after you work out. It's also a nice way to warm down.

Congrats, sounds great!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat