+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Problems 20+ months on  (Read 2641 times)

michaelk

Problems 20+ months on
« on: October 07, 2013, 06:43:25 AM »
Hi,
I'm 51 and had a left BHR in Jan 2012.
Recovery has been very slow.

I am still having pain in the groin area. A muscle to the left of my groin is swollen. I believe it's my Iliopsoas. I have difficulty lifting my leg when on my back. It's particularly sore when I lower my leg in this position.
I have painful and weak glutes.
There is also lots of catching/clunking when I lift my leg, either vertically or horizontally.
Walking can be a bit of a struggle, but I am fit otherwise. I go to the gym regularly and have no trouble cycling.
X-rays show everything is fine with the implant.

I'm still receiving physio. I'm not due to see my surgeon until early Feb 2014.

I think the problem might be Iliopsoas Tendonitis. The psoas may be rubbing against the implant, therefore causing irritation.
Does this sound plausible?

Not sure if I should just keep going with the physio until Feb, or try to see my surgeon for a diagnosis?
Would anti-inflammatories help?

Michael

hernanu

Re: Problems 20+ months on
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »
Hi Michael, sorry you're having problems. It does sound like the Iliopsoas, but --- I am not a medical person, so I'd go to the pros to clear things up.

I'd go see your surgeon. First to clear up any issues being associated with the implant, then to get their advice on how to deal with this. Nothing wrong with coming in early to see them when you need your mind at peace.

Maybe discuss with them the benefits of using a Physical Therapist, if they feel muscular treatment is called for.

Good luck and keep us posted...
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

podgornymd

Re: Problems 20+ months on
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:55:17 AM »
Hey Michaelk,

sorry to hear about your groin pain. I am almost 6 months out of left BHR and i have been experiencing some groin hip flexor pain for a while. It is possible that it is iliopsoas tendonitis, which i fearful that is what i have. I am going to give it more time and see what happens but for now i am trying to rest it.I jsut recently posted this question and got some good replies and there are others on this website.

I am jsut curious where exactly is your pain and is it a sharp pain ? My pain is with flexion of my hip and crossing over the midline and in groin area.

If i were you i would get in touch with your doc and see what he has to say? I am frustrated just like you and tough to figure out the right path to take . keep me posted.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat