+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: labs in southern Ontario that test for cobalt and chromium  (Read 2313 times)

Rosie90

labs in southern Ontario that test for cobalt and chromium
« on: October 09, 2013, 12:26:35 PM »
Hi,  I live in a city that doesn't have any surgeons to do resurfacing and also doesn't have any labs that test for metals.  I know that there aren't many members from southern Ontario, but if anyone could recommend a laboratory in S. Ont.  that performs this test, please let me know.  Thank you.

Brian Wilson

Re: labs in southern Ontario that test for cobalt and chromium
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »
Where are you in Southern Ontario? The lab in my surgeon's office building at 4040 Finch Avenue East in Scarborough did a baseline metals test for me pre-surgery. I am sure that most labs could run this test though.

Rosie90

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:12 PM »
Oops, I forgot the sign-off.  I live in Hamilton.  As there aren't any surgeons doing resurfacing in Hamilton, I had surgery done by Dr. Young, in Scarborough.  I know that her hospital has a lab that tests for metals, but I was hoping to avoid the drive through Toronto.  I understand that there are surgeons in London, ON that perform resurfacing, and that there are labs that test for metals, I just don't know which of the many labs do the test.

Caroline F, Hamilton, ON
rt hip, 2009 Dr. Avram
left hip 2013, Dr. Young

Brian Wilson

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:53:28 PM »
Dr. Young is my surgeon also. The lab is, I believe, Gamma Dynacare. They have locations all over. Check their website.

Brian Wilson

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 11:56:52 PM »
According to their website, they have five locations in the Hamilton area.

http://www.gamma-dynacare.com/Content/Patients/PSCSearch.aspx?expandable=0&p=ON&c=HAMILTON&pc=&st=1

By the way, OHIP doesn't cover the cost which was $100 for me. My private insurance covered 80%.

Rosie90

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 10:28:46 AM »
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your replies.  When I last tried to get a cobalt and chromium test in Hamilton they could only test the cobalt and not the chromium, for whatever reason.  And yes, that cost me $100, but Dr. Young told me that it would be cheaper at "her" clinic.  She suggested London as a place to get tested as she knew there were some resurfacing surgeons there.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat