+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 week update  (Read 1798 times)

bkeers

3 week update
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:56:21 AM »
Hi,
Things are going well with the hip. Walking well with out the cane and got back to work at the 3 week mark. Started PT and while the hip is sore the day after my walking is better. Still have startup tightness in the morning but that is to be expected.
One minor setback is I had a sharp pain in my upper hip just above the illiac crest? This happened a few hours prior to my 3 week checkup. The doc says I popped a stitch and that it is not uncommon, the anterior approach was used. Most likely due to sitting for extended periods at work tightening up the muscles. Rest for a day with ice and heat. 

Brian
RBHR 9/23/13

hernanu

Re: 3 week update
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
Good report, Brian - we all have momentary setbacks. I had startup issues for a while still. They go away eventually.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

bkeers

Re: 3 week update
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:01:18 AM »
4 weeks down and things are great.. The pain of the stitches pulling cleared up after 3 days of  rest and icing at night. Went to the gym for the first time for recumbent biking, hip excercises and going the the motions on some of the machines. The range of motion is getting better, a good bit beyond 90 deg with the Therapist and no pain. Walking no without the cane, left it at work over the weekend by accident and no looking back now (I hope). Able to slowly climb stairs one foot over the other with my hand near the rail just in case. Very close to tying my own shoes, maybe by week 5. It has been extremely helpful to see the experiences of others on this site, thanks.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear