+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 5 yrs ago/new lease on life  (Read 2571 times)

wayne-0

5 yrs ago/new lease on life
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »
Hey all, just wanted to check in and let you know how things are going. 5 yrs ago I had a bi-lateral resurfacing skillfully done by Dr. Scott Ball in San Diego at UCSD in California. Well that was a great day for me as I began to get my life back. 8 yrs prior to surgery life started to become crappy due to pain and all the activities that I enjoyed were being eliminated one by one. I was grumpy with everyone and everything. I got to the point where I could barely walk anymore. Yes it was that bad. It sucked. After surgery and my rehab I started to do those activities I loved so much in life. Surfing, windsurfing, snowboarding, ice skating, roller hockey, hiking, golfing, and just chasing my kids around cause I could. Looking back at recovery the first 8 days were the toughest and then day by day it got better and better and I got stronger and stronger. I went back to work (heavy construction) 11 weeks post op and continue to work with no problems. Lucky me I got the Depuy ASR implants that have been recalled, sweet. Oh well rather than dwell on that I make sure I get my blood tests done every yr and my last results this yr were chromium 1.1  colbalt 1.0, those are low #s for metal and I feel at ease because of that. My Dr. placed the implants at the proper angles and placements were done correctly, and this is why I believe that I have had no problems. Good luck to all you future and current hippies. I wanted to let you all know that this surgery was a huge success for me, and I couldn't be happier. I want to thank Pat, Chuck, and all those who answered my questions before and after surgery. You all made my decisions so much easier and my knowledge far greater and I will forever be thankful to you and for you. Thanks for reading.            P.S.    B.I.L.L. hurry up and get your recovery and rehab done so we can go SURF.
Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

hernanu

Re: 5 yrs ago/new lease on life
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »
Nice post, and congrats wayne-0... Your story was great for me to read when I first joined.

Thanks for the update...
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

whyme

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:40:23 PM »
Thanks for your update Wayne, is great that you have low ion metal levels and don't have any issues being so active. This gives hope to us new hippies!
Left hip resurfacing (Conserve Plus) 2013-09-04
Dr. De Smet

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »
In 4 1/2 years from now, I hope I'll be where you are  :)
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

toby

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 02:34:30 PM »
Excellent Wayne,
Congratulations from over the pond.
Fantastic news too about metal readings-I remember that Dr Ball was highly popular, great reviews from his patients and he like Dr Bose seems to have got the placement of the ASR just perfect.
So here's to the next 5 years.
Toby
LHR Adept-Prof Cobb-30-1-10

Anna

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 07:37:28 PM »
That's great! I hope you get many more years surfing, boarding, skating and anything else you wish to do!!!!  ;D

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Some Dude

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 03:37:57 AM »
Great news Wayne -O !

luann again

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »
I, too, so enjoy the updates! Thank you so much for letting us know. I am 3 1/2 years out and doing great also!
Please keep us updated at future milestones.
Lu
Dr. Sparling WA Wright C+ 2010 right hip, petite female done at age 45

wayne-0

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »
Hey all, thanks for the replies and I will keep you all posted as to the good and the bad(hope there isn't any of the latter though). I have been following all of your stories and I am glad for you all and where you are now in your post op situations. Here is to many more great yrs for all of us hippies.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat